• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Betty's Naked!

josh72ooh2

Josh,

How did you go about stripping her down like that. I am looking at getting mine soda blasted just to save time because I have none of that. How long did it take you and what are you doing to prep it for paint?

Chris

Oh... i'm not not doing any of the work. The car was hit a few months ago and the rear end was totally crunched. Since a good quarter of the car was stripped to metal and repaired, i figured now is a good time to take advantage of the situation and get a complete body restoration for cheap (because insurance is covering 75% of the total).

The shop has an old school metal worker who re-bent all the metal back to shape. He is grinding off all the paint and bondo and getting the body back to spec. As you can see, it is from the pillars down.

while it is apart, i am having the lower trim holes filled, and hopefully the antenna holes filled. She'll be painted with a Malaga-esque color again.

-Josh

1972 Malaga (according to DMV) 2002. (Manufactured in '71)

http://www.beemersandbits.com

'77 BMW R100S '73 BMW Cafe bike  1966 Triumph T100C  1966 R90/2 BMW Sidecar Rig  1956 MV Agusta Turismo Rapido

Those guys at the shop are pretty cool. I hope i say the same when i get the final bill....

and yeah, i'd love to get that metal smoothed out and then clear coat it. It would look BAD ASS! My buddy went through the same dilemma with his '69 Charger and ended up having it painted a steel gray with lots of clear coat.

1972 Malaga (according to DMV) 2002. (Manufactured in '71)

http://www.beemersandbits.com

'77 BMW R100S '73 BMW Cafe bike  1966 Triumph T100C  1966 R90/2 BMW Sidecar Rig  1956 MV Agusta Turismo Rapido