• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

most desirable colors

Grill

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm always revising my list of favorite & least favorite '02 colors. Once I see a nearly-concours '02 in any of the factory colors, I realize that they all look very good with a super finish. Conversely, if it's dull & rusty, I am thinking it's the ugliest color devised for the '02. I was sure that I hated Siennabraun the most until I saw it on a pristine '02. I am partial to Baikal. I've yet to see a Pastelblau that was presentable, but I think I'd like it.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

b]all factory colors are the most desirable colors[/b]....

+1!!!!!

I feel that any period correct original BMW color is nice. Though I wouldn't paint a '74 '02 in the '60s Bristol or a '67 1600 in Granarot. I like to keep them "in period".

Agave is very nice in fresh condition and desirable. In general the "safrty" colors are more popular, but I tend to get tired of all but Colorado Orange...

My personal faves are any of the '60s colors including Derby, Bristol, Tampico, Turf and Granada. in the '70s "model71" era I like Baikal, Tundra, Colorado, and a few others. In the square era I like Arktis Blau, and others. I like Polaris and Chamonix for their timeless beauty that look good on any era '02.

Thank you for listening to my opinion... :)

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

• 4 years later...

Why did no one say Polaris yet? That's one of the all-time greatest colors on both 2002s and e9s. 

I'm a fan of fresh Agave, Atlantik, Baikal, Ceylon, Chamonix, Colorado, Fjord, Florida, Golf, Granada, Inka, Malaga, Manila, Mint, Nevada, Pastel, Riviera, Sahara, Schwarz, Sienna, Taiga, Turkis, Verona, Jade, Amazon, Derby, and mostly every other color ever. 

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards

Fjord ! ( and this was a complete color change from Malaga )

the best color is ,  1. An original factory color, 2. the one you like the best. 

Full one color changes are really time consuming, if you are really going to at least remove all exterior color and not paint over what is already there.

I didn't not want to see the old color showing up with each rock chip so I removed all exterior old color. And still, if you search around, you will still find places that the old color shows up, trunk, engine bay, other hard to reach places that only the factory got too when the car was completely bare and original. post-9302-0-09480100-1439569877_thumb.jp