• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

VW Hi performance circa 1974

jgerock

I've had this magazine in my collection for about 10 years. It is the 1st issue that Argus published (they also did "Volkswagen Greats" Magazine). I guess I'll never give up on Air Cooled VW's. Anyone else have some really "oldies but goodies"?

I recently ran across some old photos of me and my sister when I was about 10. I was holding a Popular Hot Rodding Magazine!

1974GuideCover.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

I HAVE SOME GENE BERG AND CLAUDE's BUDDIES (CB PERFORMANCE) CATALOGS THAT HAVE BEEN SITTING ON MY SHELF SINCE THE EARLY 80's .

I HAVE A LARGE NUMBER OF ROAD & TRACK FROM THE MID 50's TO THE MID 60's AS WELL AS SPORTS CAR ILLUSTRATED FROM THAT ERA .

THESE ARE FASCINATING TO READ . ESPECIALLY THE CARS FOR SALE ADDS .

HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO BUY A 1938 BMW 328 IN RUNNING CONDITION

FOR $1200 ?

reodor.gif

Back when I was about 15, I browsed thru my neighbor's Claude's Buggies catalog (blue cover with the "bear") dreaming of one day buying one of their 2180cc engine kits with dual Weber carbs.

Interested in giving up the (2) old catalogs to a fellow VW lover? My Gene Berg Catalog is from 2007.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"