• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HELP! Bilstein rear shock mounting instructions (URGENT)

bongo007

On 4/9/2012 at 6:45 PM, jgerock said:

I just received (2) rear HD shocks from BavAuto (for the '69). Inside the package was the stock-looking upper bushing along with the sleeve and (2) washers.

Older picture from the same shocks I installed on the tii. Narrow portion fits down inside the tower from above.

pics6262010029.jpg

...and another ol' thread...need two of these bushings with the metal sleeve inside of it for my Bilstein's.  Anyone have source for these?  I am stumbling around and cannot locate.  Only finding the circle "sandwich" type.  Thank you. 

22 minutes ago, JWT said:

...and another ol' thread...need two of these bushings with the metal sleeve inside of it for my Bilstein's.  Anyone have source for these?  I am stumbling around and cannot locate.  Only finding the circle "sandwich" type.  Thank you. 

Just ignore, I found them....at $54.00 each......sigh

5 hours ago, JWT said:

Just ignore, I found them....at $54.00 each......sigh

Are they these?

WWW.WALLOTHNESCH.COM

Upper shock rubber for rear axle for all models and years of production, you need 2 for 1 car

They don’t list the metal sleeve as a separate part but it’s included in their Bilstein kits. Maybe they have a source for that. 

$54 a side seems a bit harsh. 

• Like 1

I just ordered them from Wallothnesch (12 euro ea) and they threw in some used but perfectly fine sleeves.  I needed a few other bits and bobs like rear CV hardware and brake clips, etc.....so it all worked out.  Just really struggling for some reason on this one.....Their hardware comes all nicely zinc coated and ready to go on so my crusty stuff can be replaced nicely.  At least my undercarriage will look better than my outercarriage....har har.....I do expect some of the parts for these ol' girls to be costly, no problem, just wasn't expecting this bushing to be one of them is all.   Thanks everyone for the help.