• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dual Carbs or tii Injection?

mtk92

hi all, after a slight detour (e30 M3 and e28 M5), i've decided to resume my quest for an '02 to keep long term.

that said, i was hoping to get your opinion(s) on whether a well sorted tii is a better (or more fun) way to go versus a well sorted dual carb'd '02.

while it seems like tii's are easier to find, the thought of a well put together '02 with a stage 2 set up intrigues me.

that said, i'd love to hear your thoughts as additional things to consider as i begin the journey.

thanks for your help.

JMO,

Personally, I would rather have carbs. I like tinkering with my stuff to get it right and the Tii mechanical injection just seams to be a PITA when you try to extract more performance from it (or so it seams from searches- I've never owned a Tii).

If you were to put a later model electronic injection or dual carbs, etc. on a Tii car , it seams like the Tii would loose a lot of its value with these types of mods.

I would start with a carbed car because you can only add "value" with up grades.

Fishhead

----------------------

Motorcycle Big Brake systems

Be yourself and be free with your thoughts because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter..

Well the Tii is nice but man tougher to tincker with. What i mean by that is the more you play and modify it the more you take it away from it's original condition the lower the value. If you just want to tinker, race, have fun(not saying the Tiis are not fun...they are), you may best decide to go with the carb version like mine. The Tiis are nice and should never be jacked with too much.

I'm not as dumb as I look

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

Carbs.....Tii's are more rare and ou will have far more cars to choose from if you get a carbed 02...then from there you can build...I chose a standard 02 because I wanted to do some things that some may consider controversial on a Tii...and like others have said...why buy a car thats more money to get into...then spend money to decrease its value? Start with a less expensive platform and you can raise the value with the mods...Price replacement injectors and Tii K-fisher pumps...then you may steer clear...I'd hate to tinker with stuff that may cost thousands to replace...

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com

well sorted out tii or dual carbs, either one is fine.

if stage 2 intrigues you, then I would go with an M2 instead.

x2.

If not an M2, a tii, once set up properly, is better -- more MPGs, smoother, more powerful (to a point) and has the cool rarity factor. But getting it there can be difficult. Dual webers, of course, look incredibly cool, though. And the options of what to do with the motor from there are endless.

Can't go wrong with any of these options.

now: '72 Inka 2000 touring, '82 Alpina C1 2.3  & '18 328d wagon (daily driver)

before: a lot of old BMWs (some nice, some not so much), a few air-cooled 911s and even a water-cooled Cayman S

Alpina restoration blog: https://www.alpinac1.com/

carbs...they look cooler!

and are fun to tinker with and have more performance potential.

Terry this spring I want to get my dual italian webers 40's in so please look forward to helping me out.

PS I don't care about MPG this car is for fun!

Yup, don't pay attention to mileage. pay more attention to the orchestra playing the Italian symphony in the front.

edit: make sure you got the vacuum leaks covered. I troubleshot every other area for the longest time and one day I saw the light.

hamada

70Bristol02 E36M3 E34535im