• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2002 hauler totalled

sebandwhit

Early this morning at 2:00 AM I heard my doorbell ring. My neighbor told me that someone hit my truck and took off. I got dressed and went out side to find my truck had been hit head on. It was parked on the street and the other car had fled the scene. Here are a few pictures of the truck before and after. Im pretty sure its totalled.

01-16-2010%20Mercedes%20pictures%20for%2

Truck%20total%20001.JPG

Truck%20total%20007.JPG

68' 2002 (Project)

I have no idea if any alcohol was involved. Im guessing so... but who knows. The other car left a few parts behind including half of the front winshield, cup holder, and a small sweater pin that said "GOD" in big letters. I dont want to deal with any hidden issues down the road so I hope its totalled as well. It will be missed. Ive towed many classic cars with this truck.

68' 2002 (Project)

Looks like the h&r driver was driving on the sidewalk. That damage looks like the balljoint separated from the strut. See if any of your neighbors had a surveillance camera operating that might have captured the h&r vehicle up the street before it hit your truck.

Unless it was a big old truck I agree, it would be hard to drive away from that. That would pretty much make the whole front end of a Civic disappear. Hope you get it replaced!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Sorry about your truck. This also happened to me last year.

I went to my moms house after work to pick up my then 5 year old step daughter. We got home around midnight. She was asleep so I carried her upstairs and put her to bed. Like 2 minutes later I hear crashing sounds and look out my window only to see a white Explorer drive away after crashing into my Nissan 200SX and 3 other cars.

Im SOOOO glad this asshat didnt hit us while we were in the car. I would have chased him down and ended him for putting my step daughter in danger. I hope you get your truck fixed or replaced. Good luck.

David G.
1989 Volvo 240 Wagon "Da Brick" Daily driver
1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R "Hitomi" Sleeping. Waiting for NEO VVL!!
1976 BMW 2002 "Diana" The never ending project!!!

My sympathies, Sebastian. I feel for you. Hector the Monster Truck (78 Ford F-350) was hit last Saturday, H&R. I was outside, and I had parked Hector at the top of the driveway. The SOB pulled a three-point turn and backed into the door, doing over $1,000 worth of damage - and simply drove off. Right in front of me. He moved too fast for me to obtain the license plate number. Now, I'm stuck with an emergency project since the door won't close completely, and OEM doors are non-existent.

It really sucks. So sorry 'bout your truck. Curses to the SOB who did it to you.