• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did they paint 10 Malaga cars for every one

AndyS

Huh, and here I thought that Riviera was a ubiquitous color! But I do remember looking at a LOT of Malaga cars when I was shopping for an '02 back in the 90s.

The BMW 1600 US VIN 1570998 was manufactured on March 9th, 1970 and delivered on March 16th, 1970 to the BMW importer Hoffman Motors Corp. in New York City. The original colour was Riviera, paint code 036.

My first 02 was an early 1969 1600 in it's original Sahara paint. Wouldn't be my first choice, but I grew to really like it. While I'll admit that the color doesn't look good on the later cars, I really think that Sahara compliments the stainless steel trim and chrome bumpers and hubcaps. That shade of tan, in my opinion, doesn't look good next to black grills or black rubbered big bumpers.

19691600.jpg

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog