• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Burt Reynolds, the man, the moustache, the cars :)

8bit

'Ol Burt did some of the best car movies ever made, and you would have to think he had more of a positive effect on GM than the Obama stimulus (although I have no figures to back that up, lol).

Let's celebrate the man's movies while he is still alive. :)

Hooper (1978)

hooper_ver2.jpg

Firebird 6.6 liter

126.jpg

Car05-Hooper.jpg

Ode for the days before CGI effects!

Always a bigger fan of the Gator series of outlaw backroad hot rod American muscle machines.

Nothing like a FORD LTD with a 428 dual quad and a trunk full of white lightning.

+1 Burt played Gator McCluskey very well. That Black 4-door with PO-LICE interceptor engine was fast.

Note the front aftermarket chrome wheels in the front 3/4 view of the T/A - instead of the "snowflakes". The Black '78 T/A has alway been my favorite since Smokey and the Bandit - but you can keep the Coors beer.

Sally Field still looks terrific. Hal Needham did a great job teaming up with Burt for those movies.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

• 2 months later...
Sally was HOT in that movie. Why he let her go, I cannot figure out.

They were quite an item for a time and did 3 movies together. From what I recall Burt wasn't happy that her films were getting critical acclaim, and his weren't really. Sally getting the award for Norma Rae was the straw that broke the camel's back, and they split up after that. Then a certain Lonnie Anderson entered the picture, and I think we all know where that went. :)

Why this film never got an Academy Award I will never know. :)

CannonballRunIIa.jpg

CannonballRunIIb.jpg

Burt was never in the running for the Oscars, but he could fill the seats of the theaters. Sally went a long way from a silly TV show to become an Oscar winning actress. I'd say she earned it. Lonnie, I never understood the attraction to her at all.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

• 3 weeks later...
Wasn't Burt in the running for his character in Boogie Nights?

John

He was nominated for best supporting actor for Boogie Nights, but didn't win and was pretty disappointed by the loss.

I can remember the Venus Flytrap and Dr. Jonny Fever characters from WKRP in Cincinatti, but for some reason can remember Lonnie Anderson in that show very little, odd. You would think you would remember a tall blonde with a great rack better, apparently not, lol.

FirebirdBanditonTransAm.jpg

Poor Burt, where art thou Bandit? :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...