• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my new 1959 Larson Thunderhawk

jerry

i took delivery of this red/white Larson Thunderhawk this morning.

can't wait to tow it behind my chamonix 02 someday. might even ride it over to Brisbane next spring.

best of all, NO RUST

this thing was made under license by the Southern California Aircraft Corporation in Covina California. very cool, considering that i work with aeroengines.

all i need is to redo my chamonix 02 with a red interior and i'd have a matched pair!!!

this boat brings to mind esty's red and white 02.

post-260-13667633348957_thumb.jpg

post-260-13667633350731_thumb.jpg

post-260-13667633352806_thumb.jpg

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Nice

I think I saw that boat last week for sale, did it come from Chico?

Very cool

Norm

yes it did. nice guy. he even delivered it for an extra hundred, which i thought was well worth the cost. i was researching on a different Larson boat that was offered to me for free when i stumbled across this one. although i really wanted the other boat, it was too big and too much of a project to take on. pity, cuz it looked like an old Chevy Bel-Aire.

the Thunderhawk is just the right size to tool around the bay on nice days.

these boats are like 02's in some respect. the PO said another potential buyer had to pass on this boat because he already had two and his wife said 'no way'.

& 1 special alfa

WHAT A WONDERFUL DESIGN !

THERE IS ANY WAY TO CONVERT ONE OF THOSE TO INBOARD / SHAFT DRIVE WITH A 2002 ENGINE ?

http://www.johnmonahancollection.com/id72.html

FRIENDS OF MINE HAD A MAHOGANY HULL CHRISCRAFT WITH A CHRYSLER HEMI

IN IT . WHAT A FABULOUS WATERCRAFT THAT WAS !

funny you mention the M10. i had thought that would be kind of cool. but in the end, way too much fabrication work for me.

what a great website!!! that 1960's thunderhawk is something to aim for, it's just like mine, only better....

i can see the addictive qualities of these finned boats. i've discovered the forum FIBERGLASSICS.COM which is a site devoted to classic fiberglass boats.

& 1 special alfa