• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone Messing Around With VW Rabbits???

barvarianbox_83

I ask because I used to have a MKI 16v GTI I did some track days with, and I have tons of MKI rabbit parts. I would rather just give them to someone who could use them than have them just sitting in my garage in boxes. Maybe there is a faq'er that could use them. Pic for reference.

kassie011.jpg

2010 Mazda Miata GT PRHT

2011 Honda Civic LX-S(parts hauler)APPLIANCE ON WHEELS!!! Why would anyone drive this?????

1967 BMW 1600 EDDA 1528870

My Blog

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,353567/

I had a 1981 Rabbit S. Unfortunately it was assembled in the cursed PA VW plant which meant loads of misery for me and many other VW owners. I owned it from early '83 until the fall of '89. With much better quality control and better materials, that car would have been mighty special. It was always in the shop for something. It was never the engine, some other crapola. It ate fuel pumps for lunch -- not sure why? It also broke clutch cables repeatedly.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

My nephew is big into them. He has one that he stuffed a VR6 into. It also sports 15X8 wheels with stretched 175 tires. Handles like crap because of all that weight out in front of the wheels and the useless tires. Coolest part of the car is the back half cage I built for it. He likes the car even if he barely ever drives it. I can't understand why style is so important to him, and he can't understand why HP and handling are important to me. Must be a generation gap thing.

Quite possibly the best car I ever owned was an 84 Rabbit GTI bought for $700 with 134k miles on the clock. I drove the hell out of that car for four years and sold it for $600 at 230k miles. It ate front wheel bearings, outer CV joints and motor mounts. And I got to the point where I could change the clutch cable in less than 10 minutes. Other than that, the car was a tank. I sold the car back in 2000, but I see it pop up on the VW Vortex classifieds every couple of years, so it's still out there.

76 BMW 2002 m20

05 Ford Focus ZX-3 SE

Quite possibly the best car I ever owned was an 84 Rabbit GTI bought for $700 with 134k miles on the clock. I drove the hell out of that car for four years and sold it for $600 at 230k miles. It ate front wheel bearings, outer CV joints and motor mounts. And I got to the point where I could change the clutch cable in less than 10 minutes. Other than that, the car was a tank. I sold the car back in 2000, but I see it pop up on the VW Vortex classifieds every couple of years, so it's still out there.

That's the best.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades