• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Derby, Tampico and Bristol 02s?

elementfmfl

All early colors - Click on the pictures and they will enlarge

Derby Dark Grey

Bristol light grey

Derby- Brown ( a bit darker)

Nevada- Brown ( lighter )

Here are some links

Tampico

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,290215/highlight,tampico/

http://www.m2bmw.com/derbyNK.htm Derby

http://annapolis.craigslist.org/cto/2070172062.html Bristol

post-10316-13667634198918_thumb.jpg

post-10316-13667634199557_thumb.jpg

post-10316-13667634199789_thumb.jpg

post-524-13667634201364_thumb.jpg

post-524-13667634202283_thumb.jpg

Joseph O'Neil

73 02 - Polaris - 2587250

67 2000 TiLux- Chamonix - 1451152

Is nevada a rare color? My car was originally Nevada and I am considering going that direction on my repaint but I think the only pictures I have ever seen of an 02 painted that color are period pics or race prepped cars that dont really give me the idea of what it would look like. Anybody here have pics of a nice looking Nevada car that can persuade me to do the right thing and repaint my car in its original color.

www.VintageAutobahn.com - BMW Parts & Vehicle Import

at least one 72 (a tii) painted that color.

Really looks nice when shiny. It was one of a very few colors availble on US 2002s in 1968 and 69, along with Granada, Chamonix and (additional cost options) Polaris and Baikal. I have a letter from Hoffman Motors dated Dec 1968 in response to my inquiry about available colors that lists these colors as the only available ones for 2002s in 1969.

There are documented US spec 2002s in Manila, Derby, Turf, Bristol etc but those colors weren't cataloged in Hoffman's literature and we suspect these cars were European delivery of US spec cars to tourists, military or diplomats.

Go for Nevada--I sure like mine.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Eastside,

Your pictures convinced me, just what I was looking for. I have been out of the country for a few months just itching to get home so I can finish up ongoing projects and jump into the bigger ones (engine rebuild and paint). I learned my lesson restoring my Mercury when I painted mid way through the restoration and ended up with nicks all over the car from other projects, so this time paint and body work will be the final piece of the puzzle. I love the variation (percieved) of the color of your 02 and am now VERY excited to go with Nevada, Thanks.

Edit: Are those E30 steelies in your first picture or something else?

I'm glad you like my car--it is certainly a very interesting color in different light. Similar to your chinos...some are tan, some are very tan, some look white but they are all "tan" more or less.

The Lemmerz 5x13 wheels are 12/67 Opel Kadett Rallye with E30 steel wheel centercaps.

PS, My dad has a 50 Ford Tudor and I had a 62 Falcon Futura from 1988-2010, similar to your Comet.

cheers.

Ben

--> 1968 2002 <--

I'm glad you like my car--it is certainly a very interesting color in different light. Similar to your chinos...some are tan, some are very tan, some look white but they are all "tan" more or less.

The Lemmerz 5x13 wheels are 12/67 Opel Kadett Rallye with E30 steel wheel centercaps.

PS, My dad has a 50 Ford Tudor and I had a 62 Falcon Futura from 1988-2010, similar to your Comet.

cheers.

Ben

Small world of car ownership :) I actually like the falcons more now but when I was 13 and saw my comet sitting in the weeds at a gas station the fins were irresistable. I cant stop thinking about that Nevada paint job with silver E30 steelies and big round yellow fog lamps up front!

Your Falcon appears to have the same "lopsided" suspension as my Comet! After 2 years of restoration my Comet got put through 5 years of daily driving before it was retired to storage for a more practical model. Thanks again for the encouragment on the Nevada and an opportunity to reminisce about old Fords.

Your Falcon appears to have the same "lopsided" suspension as my Comet! After 2 years of restoration my Comet got put through 5 years of daily driving before it was retired to storage for a more practical model. Thanks again for the encouragment on the Nevada and an opportunity to reminisce about old Fords.

Oh, I installed shocks with "coil-over" helper springs to get the back up that far...it was really dragging back in the day.

--> 1968 2002 <--