• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

got 1992 318ic --- online sources?

shipm_8

While mourning Tip Top, I needed wheels, and got some: an E30, '92 318i convertible. Getting the bentley manuals for the e30 and the e36 which I guess should cover most of it.

Any online sources that could remotely have the same tone and wealth of information as the FAQ? Been lurking around r3vlimited, bimmerforums, but wondering if you E30 pilots use others

power steering, and all those electric buttons....but the seat mechanisms were better in my tii.

L1090418.jpg

72 BMW 2002tii Inka, Tip Top

92 BMW 318ic, Wolfgang

07 Mini Cooper, MC

72 BMW 2002tii Malaga - stricken

Good find and great car.

I seam to have settled on R3V. I think e30tech is also good but as I said I have stuck to R3V. I think it's because I got so much good stereo info from Stereoinstaller1 (Luke)

Blunt is there too.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

Thank you, gentlemen. I appreciate the leads. Car has an M42 engine. Just now doing a bit of familiarization while compile a list of filters, fluids.....and start addressing minor squawks. Got some maintenance records, and a cassette tape for new owners....good thing the car has the original deck, because I haven't owned a tape player since 1996.

to get me started...

L1090422.jpg

There was a serene-looking lab retriever in the back seat a microsecond before this picture was taken...then he was distracted by....something.

L1090424.jpg

lights, lights and more lights....and a tiny spider on the lower right corner

L1090427.jpg

L1090428.jpg

L1090429.jpg

92 BMW 318ic, Wolfgang

07 Mini Cooper, MC

wow, that interior is really clean for being a vert. Nice find!

yes, now get to work on that engine room!!! :-)

Chief Engineer is on it! We will be ready for inspection by the time the admiral visits. ChEng is also going to fix those running lights.

IMG_0101.jpg

92 BMW 318ic, Wolfgang

07 Mini Cooper, MC

Be careful.

E30's posses just enough fun charateristics and can be wrenched on. This can ultimately delay any 2002 wrenching. I know firsthand.

As for E30 specific boards...Other than the E30M3 SIG, I usually ask ALL my car questions here on the FAQ.

Looks like you need to replace the batteries on the SII board if the paperclip reset tool doesn't work. Or, you can spend the $50 or more for a proper reset tool.

The brake lining sensor- loop the wire and crimp together. Shut the damn light off forever.

The running lights- watch for flakey grounds. Pull and clean connectors, dielectric grease. Wait...this is all the same stuff as 2002's. See?

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

oh, and upgrade your headlights to euro ellipsoid "smiley" headlights!

they're SWEEET

HEY , WE JUST DID THAT WITH OUR '89 325i CAB ! & YES THEY ARE AS YOU SAY , SWEET .

BEFORE YOU GO BUY THE LIGHTS , KNOW THAT THE WIRING & PLUGS ARE NOT THE SAME AS THE US SETUPS .

YOU WILL NEED TO GET THE PROPER PLUGS AND SOCKETS PLUS DO A LITTLE BIT

OF CREATIVE WIRING SO YOU CAN RUN THE MARKERS IN THE LOW BEAMS .

THE DEALER CAN GET THE PARTS BUT IT COST ME ALMOST $60 EXTRA

OVER WHAT I HAD THOUGHT THE CONVERSION WOULD BE .

THESE LIGHTS USE H-1 BULBS AND OFFER GREAT VISIBILITY .

THEY ARE VERY MUCH WORTH THE EFFORT !

post-19043-13667634485573_thumb.jpg

post-19043-13667634488445_thumb.jpg

reodor.gif