• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Driving the 02 to work on Fridays...

mtriple

I usually wear 91 unleaded fragrance on Fridays anyone else?

Anyone gets up early and tear the roads (when she is in a good mood) on the way to work on Fridays?

Traffic in LA is now much worse unfortunately. My route to work can be an adventure one day and a nightmare next day. Getting up super early and hitting the road on Fridays at 6 am in the dark seems to do the trick here.

What do you guys do?

hamada

70Bristol02 E36M3 E34535im

I wear it pretty much everyday.....

Earl

74 02Lux

02 M Roadster

72 Volvo 1800ES

74 02Lux

15 M235i

72 Volvo 1800ES

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell

I love having an special day for 02'ing. 6am is a good time too, always feels like a road trip when you leave when it's dark.

I work out of the home now and so don't drive as much as I used to. But a few years back I would drive my blue '73 every day, and make fridays the red '73 day.

Fun stuff.

~Jason

Blue_Red_Rear_Austin.JPG

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!

I drove my 81 E12 528i to work today, but the last three days, I drove my tii to work. My drive to work is on CA highway 1 in rural Santa Barbara county. It's a great drive and not much traffic on the way into work at 0600, driving the tii puts a smile on my face every day. When I hear stories of 02 owners back east having to hibernate their cars due to snow and salt on the road, it makes me glad that I'm in CA where I can drive my 02 year round.

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

Not to gloat, but we have 350 days of sun a year in Tucson! Of course, plenty of them are 105+ degrees.

The other day, my 22 year-old co-worker who drives her "parent's" 2010 E90 everyday sat down next to me, and said "Wow! It smells like woodchips in here!" To which I replied "I bet your car will smell like that too...in 2044!"

Have a great weekend!

'76 BMW 2002

'75 BMW 2002 Resto Project

'64 Piaggio Allstate 125 "Allison"

I drive my 2002 everyday and I usually get out smelling like gas, exhaust, that mildew smell (if I leave the car out in the rain), etc......

Today I smelled like poop and pee too. My wife wanted a new pet so we picked up a Guinea pig, who pooped all over its box on the way home.

Yay.

David G.
1989 Volvo 240 Wagon "Da Brick" Daily driver
1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R "Hitomi" Sleeping. Waiting for NEO VVL!!
1976 BMW 2002 "Diana" The never ending project!!!