• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

looking to buy a solid car

kiva667

Looking to buy a solid 2002, minimal rust, prefer rebuilt engine, daily driver - my last one got rear-ended and totaled at a red light by a woman "looking for my purse"

located in Seattle - kitherring@hotmail.com

budget is 8K-9K

thanks

1967 2000 #1326213 SOLD / 1972 2002 Verona - insurance loss / 1962 700 Luxus SOLD / 1975 530i Malaga SOLD

http://nk2000project.blogspot.com/

"Rust Never Sleeps"

That's the risk of using a 02 as a daily driver in a major urban area. Lots of traffic, multi-tasked drivers, combined with small brake lights. I had two 74 2002's totalled within a two year span when I lived in the Los Angeles area. One lady ran a stop light and some dude with no insurance, license, rear ended me on the freeway. I was able to buy both cars back from the insurance company for cheap. Hopefully you were able to buy your 02 back from the insurance company and strip it to the shell of all reusable parts. The insurance company will usually sell it back to you for less than $500, they don't want to deal with old cars. My recommendation is to find a cheap E30 5 speed as a daily driver. Then find a decent 02 to use as a weekend, nice day car. You should be able find a decent 02 for 5K. If you bought your 02 back, you'll have plenty of parts to make it a nice 02. Just my .02 cents worth

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner