• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Thousand Dollar Behr Console and Evaporator

A few days ago someone posted about wanting to switch their Frigiking evaporator and console for a Behr unit. I know pristine interior parts are fetching $$$, and this auction does include both a nice-looking console and evaporator, but... a THOUSAND BUCKS? Really?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/67-76-BMW-2002-BEHR-A-C-Console-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3cb2d4b1cfQQitemZ260698321359QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_500wt_975

The new book The Best Of The Hack Mechanic available at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0998950742, inscribed copies of all books available at www.robsiegel.com

1972 tii (Louie), 1973 2002 (Hampton), 1975 ti tribute (Bertha), 1972 Bavaria, 1973 3.0CSi, 1979 Euro 635CSi, 1988 FrankenThirty 325is, 1999 M Coupe, 1999 Z3, 2003 530i sport, 1974 Lotus Europa Twin Cam Special (I know, I know...)

Dear Father Christmas,

Please, please, pretty please let this center console sell for at least the asking price. I have a Behr center console in better shape, and I'd really like to have $1000 (or more) to buy a rear disc brake kit and some sticky street/track brake pads and a GPS thingy. That's all I want. And I want this stuff for good reasons, not just because I'm selfish and self centered and reckless and a general nuisance to the highways and bi-ways and fun twisty roads. I want to share happiness and holiday cheer and warm wishes to under privileged children, just like you do with your fancy magic sleigh. If I could just figure out where the hell I am, and go faster and stop quicker, I could spread the joy of Christmas to more people in less time, leaving me with more time to watch other ridiculously priced eBay auctions. Not that this is about me; not at all--it's about the children.

I promise to be good (well, better than usual) and to eat all my vegetables, especially the ones that taste good.

With a generous and contrite heart,

Grice

williamggruff

'76 2002 "Verona" / '12 Fiat 500 Sport "Latte" / '21 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Prem “The Truck”

lol! And to think I sold the console AND AC guts from my 75 for $85. Dang.

and for another $350 you can get the blower:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/68-76-bmw-2002-Behr-a-c-Motor-assembly-unit-RARE-/280599344179?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4155063433

1976 2002 Custom Dk Blue w/ Pearl

1975 2002A Sahara (sold Feb 2008)

SiteNamecopy.jpg

yeah, I threw a lot of that shit from a parts car away...

hee

t

I did the same from my old 74 parts car as well.

Who needs AC? If it gets up to 80 on the CA central coast, it's a heat wave.

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

Dear Father Christmas,

Please, please, pretty please let this center console sell for at least the asking price. I have a Behr center console in better shape, and I'd really like to have $1000 (or more) to buy a rear disc brake kit and some sticky street/track brake pads and a GPS thingy. That's all I want. And I want this stuff for good reasons, not just because I'm selfish and self centered and reckless and a general nuisance to the highways and bi-ways and fun twisty roads. I want to share happiness and holiday cheer and warm wishes to under privileged children, just like you do with your fancy magic sleigh. If I could just figure out where the hell I am, and go faster and stop quicker, I could spread the joy of Christmas to more people in less time, leaving me with more time to watch other ridiculously priced eBay auctions. Not that this is about me; not at all--it's about the children.

I promise to be good (well, better than usual) and to eat all my vegetables, especially the ones that taste good.

Grice

I was about to say; Grice is sitting on a gold mine!

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

Dear Father Christmas,

Grice

I was about to say; Grice is sitting on a gold mine!

I think that you mean under, sir...

J Swift
Global Formula Racing (Oregon State University)

1972 Opel GT "Mae"