• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lands End: order some gifts, catalog with Green Roundie

jgerock

I ordered some things for my niece and received the package containing another catalog (of course). Before I tossed it in the recycling bin, I flipped thru it and noticed the same green Roundie that has been discussed here on pages 48 and 62. The cover has a neat black British cab stuffed full of presents. Note the smiling faces on the models. Wonder if the heat works inside the car??

LandsEndCatalogRear.jpg

LandsEndCatalogfront.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Guest Anonymous

This is the photo-shoot that was done in Lake Placid last SUMMER, no wonder they were warm.

Roger

'72 Malaga

caps--painted silver they look a lot like 14" Borranis or Alpinas...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Note the smiling faces on the models. Wonder if the heat works inside the car??

That is typical winter driving garb for most vintage cars.

If you want to wear shorts and flipflops driving in the winter, drive a new car or move to Harry's island.

Is LandsEnd gonna do their swimsuit pics in January in upstate NY?

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

vent holes around the wheel center--E30 wheels don't have those, and E30 holes are round. What fooled me were the E30 Euro hubcaps--nice to know they'll fit the Opel wheels (and by extension 13" BMW wheels).

Now all you need to do is find four chrome Opel Rallye wheels...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

The first 12/67 set I had was indeed chrome down below the layers of paint. This second set I have looks like they were black and then finished silver on the outside only, just like the BMW wheels of the era (same manufacturer) I plan to blast the new set and see what lurks below.

The caps I use on these wheels are the Euro E30 316, and are held on by the lugnuts. PN 36 13 1 127 230 -- The ones used in this catalog shot seem narrower and fit in from behind (like the early alloys) or press fit.

eqavwm.jpg

4.png

--> 1968 2002 <--

I have never put them on my 2002, but they come with chrome center caps and beauty rings on the 71/72 Opel GT (mine pictured).

Dieter

post-372-13667634794719_thumb.jpg

Current:

- 1970 Colorado 2002, 1982 323i, 1972 Porsche 914, 1956 Porsche 356A Coupe replica, 2003 Mini Cooper S

Past:

- 1980 320is Turbo, 1972 Malaga 2002tii, 1973 Polaris 2002tii, 1973 Sahara 2002, 1981 Alpina C1 2.3, 1989 M3, 1984 Hardy & Beck 327S

I have never put them on my 2002, but they come with chrome center caps and beauty rings on the 71/72 Opel GT (mine pictured).

Dieter

Dieter, beautiful Opel, I love it! Question for you, it has been my understanding that the GT used the Rallye wheel but by then they riveted on extra clips to hold the large plastic center cap that surrounds the lugnuts--can you confirm this?

--> 1968 2002 <--

Black plastic grilles on a roundie??

71, flat black

Beat to fit, paint to match.

Do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life.

"Some people spend a lifetime wondering if they made a difference, Marines don't have that problem" - Ronald Reagan

Dieter, beautiful Opel, I love it! Question for you, it has been my understanding that the GT used the Rallye wheel but by then they riveted on extra clips to hold the large plastic center cap that surrounds the lugnuts--can you confirm this?

Yes, there are 4 clips attached to the wheel, holding on the chrome (not plastic) center cap. Not sure if they are riveted or welded on, I will look when I get home. You basically install the wheel with the lug nuts, and then snap on the center cap.

Current:

- 1970 Colorado 2002, 1982 323i, 1972 Porsche 914, 1956 Porsche 356A Coupe replica, 2003 Mini Cooper S

Past:

- 1980 320is Turbo, 1972 Malaga 2002tii, 1973 Polaris 2002tii, 1973 Sahara 2002, 1981 Alpina C1 2.3, 1989 M3, 1984 Hardy & Beck 327S