• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New 75 tii

dabble

My father-in-law just purchased a 1975 malaga tii. Here's a pic:

5248367382_4e604f330f_b.jpg

It just showed up in CA and will be shipped to WA soon. I can't wait to drive it and get into the 2002 scene in WA state.

I have a 73 Westfalia, a 98 Jetta, a 06 X5, and a 07 A4 for my european vehicle fetish. Glad to be vicariously joining the 2002 community.

Any good websites for general knowledge/understanding of the cars that you would recommend?

THX!!

WOW! Beautiful car!

But, did they make Tii's in 1975?

It's a euro-spec car - I think they were produced until 76...

Ahh. Thanks for the info!

David G.
1989 Volvo 240 Wagon "Da Brick" Daily driver
1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R "Hitomi" Sleeping. Waiting for NEO VVL!!
1976 BMW 2002 "Diana" The never ending project!!!

What's the VIN on it? That way we can tell you what year it is and if it's a U.S. or Euro spec car. Are the heater controls in German, gas gauge in liters? If so, you may have a true Euro spec car or it could be clone. VIN will answer the questions. If the VIN, starts with 278, it's US spec, if it starts with 273, it's Euro spec.

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

Not another Malaga 02 in Seattle... We got a BUNCH! (Great color if I do say so)

Welcome to the Seattle 02 Scene man! Watch for some get together's, pretty soon you'll be a regular! Looking forward to meeting you!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

What's the VIN on it? That way we can tell you what year it is and if it's a U.S. or Euro spec car. Are the heater controls in German, gas gauge in liters? If so, you may have a true Euro spec car or it could be clone. VIN will answer the questions. If the VIN, starts with 278, it's US spec, if it starts with 273, it's Euro spec.

G-Man

Starts with 273. Speedo is in KMH. I checked in the VIN database and it shows up as a 75 production european model.

I can't wait for it to make it to WA. I'll take a proper photoshoot once it arrives.

Here's another pic:

5248384336_633d88847b_z.jpg

Beautiful car! Why does this picture look so familiar? And I feel that I know the location in the previous pic, too. Do you know where it was taken?

Edd in Sacramento

The BMW 1600 US VIN 1570998 was manufactured on March 9th, 1970 and delivered on March 16th, 1970 to the BMW importer Hoffman Motors Corp. in New York City. The original colour was Riviera, paint code 036.

Any good websites for general knowledge/understanding of the cars that you would recommend?

This one!

My father-in-law just purchased a 1975 malaga tii.

Did he buy it for you or himself? Either way, welcome! Use the Search a lot and you'll learn a lot. Ask questions in the forum after exhausting the Search and revel in the library of information here.

Good luck!

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

in 1975, but this one looks like a Euro car--bet it was imported later than its build date and then titled.

Provide the VIN and we can figure out what it is. An e-mail to Mobile Tradition can provide its exact build date and where it was originally delivered to.

Looks really nice...and that's an interesting rear license plate holder. Not seen one like it before.

cheers and welcome to the group.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

in 1975, but this one looks like a Euro car--bet it was imported later than its build date and then titled.

Provide the VIN and we can figure out what it is. An e-mail to Mobile Tradition can provide its exact build date and where it was originally delivered to.

Looks really nice...and that's an interesting rear license plate holder. Not seen one like it before.

cheers and welcome to the group.

mike

Info that I have shows Euro LHD tiis were made up to June '75. RHD tiis up to October '75.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

As Mike mentioned, if you haven't already, email your VIN to Andreas at Mobile Tradition. Here is his contact info:

Andreas Harz

-----------------------------------------

Available at BMW Group Classic

Phone: +49 89 382 68281

Fax: +49 89 382 24765

mailto: andreas.harz@partner.bmwgroup.com

URL: http://www.bmw-grouparchives.com

Congrats on your family's 02 and welcome!

-Marc

'73 2002 (Agave) - Horst