• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 Sahara take it or leave it Build Restoration

07GTIMYFAST

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

trunk pan, tow hook will be slightly off center to the left

trunk2JPG.jpg

left side has brackets welded on for air tank and compressor and a spot for the valves. right side open for now till I get the fuel cell in.

trunk111.jpg

motor mount #2

mount1.jpg

mount2-1.jpg

mount3.jpg

t67 25g picked up cheap, freshly rebuilt, 8cm exhaust housing. Might run this for a bit.

t67.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

need to do some fit adjustments and re-do the switch plate, damn step bit walked on me misaligning the toggles

dash1.jpg

controller either going on the console or flush mounting in the dash to the right of the shift pattern

autopilot.jpg

plenum is done and got all the take off bungs welded in, the one on the #1 runner is for the Tial BOV the rest are for boost gauage, wastegate, FPR, and a spare possibly for a boost-retard setup later on.

plenum3.jpg

trans mount supports almost done just gotta clean up some welds (vertical mig sucks) and made a temp bracket with a brick on top to hold the trans up while I put the dolly back under the car, going to be dropping the compete spare motor in when I get the turbo flanges in and mock the turbo up.

transsupport.jpg

transupport1.jpg

well that took all morning for a one person engine swap.. took forever to get the engine clamped up to the trans, it is better to pull/install them as a unit but I wasn't sure if my rigged puller would hold the weight. anyways..

enginein.jpg

my "clutch alignment tool" lol

clutch.jpg

chevy one wire alternator bolts up nicely, just gotta make a small spacer and tensioner bracket

altern.jpg

redrilled and tapped the M10x?? oil pressure sensor hole to 1/4" npt and installed the T for turbo supply and autometer pressure sensor.

oil.jpg

because I am doing a heater box delete I gotta pick one of these up in 3/4"

pipe.jpg

bunch of room to work with, could run atleast a 2.5" core on the radiator if I want. even more if I go electric fan which I probably will be doing.

clearane.jpg

bulkhead studs for the main current lines from the battery

stud.jpg

u-bolt to hold the shifter in place, works well, gotta cut the extra down a bit though. Felt good to go through the gears while "sitting" in the car

u-bolt.jpg

smoothed the transitions on the runners today, made a alternator bracket, welded my first V-band, demo tested my gauges and they are pretty damn awesome. also played with the dual sport alittle.

before:

port1.jpg

after:

port2.jpg

runners.jpg

bracket for a chevy 1 wire 80? amp

brack1-1.jpg

brack2-2.jpg

brack3-2.jpg

motor.jpg

vband

vband.jpg

gauges

gauges.jpg

aaand found a use for that battery strap I had laying around

bike-1.jpg

picked up some porsche 944 leather seats yesterday. fit is great, the brackets are about 1" longer and about .75" narrower than the bmw ones and the seat is perfect width. Going to cut down the floor mounts about 2.5" to lower them down a bit. they also have power ass height adjustment which I'll probably never use. Will reuposltered eventually when I complete the interior.

944.jpg

9442.jpg