• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 Sahara take it or leave it Build Restoration

07GTIMYFAST

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Lots of great work being done here. Cant wait for more!

Thanks! funds are the only thing slowing me down right now, but I just took on a second job which is why updates have been alittle slow. Designated the majority of the funds from the second job to go towards the build.

I know how that is. It has taken me a year to get all the stuff for my m20 swap together. Judging by the amount of working you are taking on here I think it is safe to say that your dedication will pull you though. I hope I get to see this car in person some day.

Cheers from the German!!!

newsig_zps3c66649e.jpg

• 1 month later...

Fuel cell, larger radiator, -AN flare tool, e30 transmission mounts in the mail.

Once this stuff gets in I will run the fuel lines, oil lines, and coolant lines and will be able to start her up and start tuning the car for idle/off idle. Next will come the E30 LSD and drive shaft to start tuning under load.

Fuel cell came in and it was the wrong one, sent it back and they are getting the right one shipped out.

Radiator is HUGE and I had to adjust the compressor position on the turbo and flip the FMIC over to get it to fit. Also cut the drivers side box frame at the very front and welded braces on to keep its rigidity.

Finishing up the wastegate tube and welding in the ports for the wide-band and EGT. When the fuel cell gets in I should have it ready to fire up and start tuning idle.

Only thing I'm missing right now is a rotor for the dizzy... Yes I have 2 spare dizzies and caps laying around but some how the rotors walked off so I gotta pick up one of those.

DUMP2.jpg

RADIATOR.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, yeah a few guys on the zx9 boards have turbo'd these carbs and claim they are good up to about 25 psi. When I get everything hooked up I am going to get it running and tune them for idle/off idle then wait until I get the diff/driveshaft done and start tuning them under boost. I am pretty familiar with these carbs as they are the same carbs that are on my motorcycle so adjusting them shouldn't be an issue.

• 2 weeks later...
very curious to see how you setup your air suspension as I plan on bagging my '02 as well.

The rear is very simple, the front is another story and I have not determined exactly what route I am going but it will requires some cutting of the strut housings and the plan is to set the sub-frames on the ground so that should give you an idea of the modification needed atleast on the fronts. As far as the rear goes I cut off the spring perch on the control arm seen in the picture below. Also cut the upper "keeper" perch off and am mounting the bag bracket in the CAD model above to the upper mount.

arm1.jpg

also shorter shocks in the rear are in order. that was what held me back by about .5" with the previous system