• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 Sahara take it or leave it Build Restoration

07GTIMYFAST

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what shocks front and rear will you be using to achieve the lowest ride height? I've been trying to research that but haven't found much info.

Not really sure, When the bags are mounted I will measure the travel and decide on the shocks at that point but you can get those style shocks in about any length and valving you want. Basically you will completely compress your setup and measure the length for compressed that way, then air to maximum height and measure for length extended. I would go a little shorter than the compressed measurement to keep the shocks from bottoming out.

what shocks front and rear will you be using to achieve the lowest ride height? I've been trying to research that but haven't found much info.

Not really sure, When the bags are mounted I will measure the travel and decide on the shocks at that point but you can get those style shocks in about any length and valving you want. Basically you will completely compress your setup and measure the length for compressed that way, then air to maximum height and measure for length extended. I would go a little shorter than the compressed measurement to keep the shocks from bottoming out.

good to know, thank you for the info. What company makes these style shocks in different lengths?

good to know, thank you for the info. What company makes these style shocks in different lengths?

pretty much all of them make different length of those style shocks, I suggest starting with different companies catalogs and they will have the dimensions and style listed for each part number

pretty much all of them make different length of those style shocks, I suggest starting with different companies catalogs and they will have the dimensions and style listed for each part number

awesome, thanks for all the help dude

• 1 month later...
awesome! those are going to look so sweet. I almost bought a set of those for my '02, this kind of makes me wish I did.

Thanks! yes they are my dream wheels for this car, now just waiting for the other 2 to get here, one is in TN the other I think is back in Germany so I gotta email tunershop and find out why it did not ship.

Specs on wheels:

(2) 16x9 et15

(3) 16x7.5 et20

(3rd is going to be the spare)

Wish they made a 235/45 for the rear but they don't so I am probably going to run a 225/45 all around. or a 215 on the front

• 4 weeks later...
removing wheel studs from hub:

photobucket-11308-1342817056504.jpg

They were getting in the way of turning it down on the lathe and were going to be replaced anyways.

photobucket-19512-1342729416418.jpg

Those studs come out quite easily with a 4lb or so drilling hammer, fyi.

removing wheel studs from hub:

photobucket-11308-1342817056504.jpg

They were getting in the way of turning it down on the lathe and were going to be replaced anyways.

photobucket-19512-1342729416418.jpg

Those studs come out quite easily with a 4lb or so drilling hammer, fyi.

Good to know, I just heated the studs up a bit and popped them out with a 5lb sledge

• 1 month later...