• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tip Top update -- Thank you

shipm_8

Awesome!, that is great.

If you need any help transplanting parts, let me know, I am always down for tinkering and I usually show up with beer!

Get everything worked out soon, as soon as the baby arrives your time will be limited and you will be sleep deprived so you won't be able to think straight.

74 Golf

Man that is just awesome!!!

hey lmk if you need anything!! i have three 72 tii's that i parted out and have a ton of parts left to sell. please lmk if you need anything.

you need to bring your newest member home from the hospital in Tip Top II.

No matter what, you need to hold onto this forever. Your kid(s) will love you for it!

Dave

Pittsburgh, PA

67.5 Datsun Roadster

72 2002 Colorado

89 325ix

99 318ti

04 x5 3.0

+1.

A whole 'nother round of fun.

looking good

machinist - A&P - UAV inspector.

'71 1600 parts car, '71 Nevada tii tribute, '73 Polaris automatic in assembly awaiting 5-speed, 3.90 LS and dual 40s

'61 R27 - '74 R90S - '83 R100RS

very nice replacement. it's an EARLY one, too. built before '72.

my clue: the rear seatbelts (assuming they're original). one of mine is built on 12/30/71 and it has the retractable seatbelts.

i'll go out on a limb and guess that this one is No. 18.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

My brother from a different mother....white e30 vert...tii...mini....were we seperated at birth?

All the best!

M

<p>69 (M2 Project-stalled); 72tii (a) Taiga/ m42 swap in process;91 E30 vert; 2013 Porsche Cayenne GTS; 65 Mustang fastback 500hp+ resto mod in process ;72 Porsche 911s project; 70 2002 M2 2.5L getting closer

My brother from a different mother....white e30 vert...tii...mini....were we seperated at birth?

All the best!

M

We might be related! Thank you for the good wishes!

Having great fun with the new addition to our fleet—what a treat to explore this car, built Oct 71. Got a temp operating permit, Whale Tail plates are on the way, and thinking about the route to take on this adventure.

In the meantime, pressing on with the dismantling of the previous one. Getting an engine stand tomorrow, borrowing a motorcycle lift and gearing myself up for the engine extraction. I am clearly reaching new levels of 02 madness, with full encouragement from consigliere Jessie.

emails sent to Roger and Lane.....thanks!

William

72 BMW 2002tii Inka, Tip Top

92 BMW 318ic, Wolfgang

07 Mini Cooper, MC

72 BMW 2002tii Malaga - stricken

Congratulations, William. Out of active service, well, it must be hard to retire Tip Top I. When our (not nearly as beloved) Taurus wagon was destroyed in a wreck in June, I went to the towing lot to retrieve a few items and then it was "see ya never!" I think that was much easier than dissecting your tii like that. Anyhow, sorry that you could not find one in Sahara. You'll just have to put up with that oooooky-yucky Inka instead!

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Hi William,

Great car!

Let me know if you need help with anything.

Do you feel you did ok with the insurance?

Bernie

Thank you, Bernie. It worked out well thanks to all the heads up I got here, and during your visit.

Anyhow, sorry that you could not find one in Sahara. You'll just have to put up with that oooooky-yucky Inka instead!

Don't lose hope, Jim....if I get a break on Sahara paint, I might go for it when we repaint Tip Top!

92 BMW 318ic, Wolfgang

07 Mini Cooper, MC

• 2 weeks later...

Hey William,

Congrats on the Inka. I'm glad to see you back in an 02. Looks like a clean car that will keep you busy for a while getting it back into perfection.

Just wondering if you're parting out old tip-top. I'm still working on my rusty granatrot and need some missing pieces.

I'll pm you my info.

Good luck!

1975 2002 Granatrot

1995 M3 Dakar

Hey William,

Congrats on the Inka. I'm glad to see you back in an 02. Looks like a clean car that will keep you busy for a while getting it back into perfection.

Just wondering if you're parting out old tip-top. I'm still working on my rusty granatrot and need some missing pieces.

I'll pm you my info.

Good luck!

Thank you. Taking old tip top apart in between storms....disassembly is so much faster than assembly!

92 BMW 318ic, Wolfgang

07 Mini Cooper, MC

good times William.

(any chance Pepe can learn to not eat the gloves?)

1147284318_NjiS6-L.jpg[/img]

machinist - A&P - UAV inspector.

'71 1600 parts car, '71 Nevada tii tribute, '73 Polaris automatic in assembly awaiting 5-speed, 3.90 LS and dual 40s

'61 R27 - '74 R90S - '83 R100RS

That was a lot of fun, Scott. We did it! I'm so happy the engine is sleeping in the garage, finally. Thanks for the help wrestling with the transmission, and for lugging all the gear. I learned a lot.

Pepe was celebrating the 476th consecutive best day of his life with typical exuberance. He has developed a taste for gloves lately....lifted a landscaper's leather glove the other day when the gentleman was petting him.

L1090954.jpg

92 BMW 318ic, Wolfgang

07 Mini Cooper, MC