• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where do I find one of those cool e30 hatchbacks.

dp2002

they're scattered over the united states. This is an E30 touring. One of my buddies in San Diego had one for sale with alpina wheels. He was looking for 22k for it. There are only a handful in the US as they were never imported. Only a few imported to Canada/Mexico. Could probably import one from the EU of Japan now because of their age.

my name's Nick

The few that are in the states will more than likely come up for sale on r3vlimited or Bimmerforum. Someone was asking $7k for one last year. Unless it has an S50/52 or super clean, I wouldn't pay much more than $7k. And it might be even more of a bitch for smog if you are in Cali.

Edit: the same guy that was selling the $7k touring is selling his silver one with a euro S50 for 9500.00. Here's your chance!!

http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?s=a748957842040c7d0d666444403b9993&t=97785&page=5

Ray

73 Chamonix-S14 powered

Elefant Supply Apparel & more O=00=O

faq sig

Remember that any car that's 25 years old is exempt from DOT federalization. It costs a lot of money to import and then federalize a gray market car to include bringing in cars from Canada and Mexico. I'm not to sure when the first E30 touring was introduced but I'm thinking late 80's so possibly in a couple of years, you can import a E30 without having to federalize it. If you live in CA, don't even think of importing a gray market car, even if it's over 25 years old. The CA Air Resources Board (CARB) will require a gray market car to have the same emissions test as a U.S spec car. Even if you bring a gray market car from another state, they will treat the car like it came off the boat from Europe. AMHIK. Here's my CA CARB/DMV horror story regarding my 81 Euro spec E12.

http://www.firstfives.org/carmonth/may2009.html

So if you live in CA, you want to import a 75 or older model unless you have real deep pockets to pay for a certificate on conformance or if you can prove your gray market car was registered in CA prior to 1988.

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

The guy said it was his dads and it sat in the garage. Dad died and he was selling his stuff...who knows. 3nsahalee Steve called and ... gone. What kind of wackjob would do that as a prank...

Apparently an e30 wacko looking to get a rise...

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,0/page,viewtopic/t,346806/view,next/sid,8de2859f1e7a31fc1cb83b65ceb3c986/

Ray

73 Chamonix-S14 powered

Elefant Supply Apparel & more O=00=O

faq sig