• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A feeler: Yosemite drive - any interest?

dubois

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds fun! Are we camping?

If there be a group who wants to camp over, I would take up a vested interest to coordinate a Half Dome climb.

Does NE1 know for certain if there is a lottery or first come first serve for camping especially at mid point to HD?

I hear there is a mystical creature looms around them parts.

post-2154-13667635222452_thumb.jpg

But what do I know

spent the summer of 2000 living and working there. been trying to get back ever since!

my wife's and my fantasy: fly to california to purchase a great rust-free faq-inspected/driven 02, drive to yosemite, spend the week there, drive back to denver.

sigh.

GO TO YOSEMITE. and get to the backcountry away from the crowds of the valley! my favorite of god's creations in the world.

so jealous!

matt

FAQ member #4044

Sounds fun! Are we camping?

If there be a group who wants to camp over, I would take up a vested interest to coordinate a Half Dome climb.

Does NE1 know for certain if there is a lottery or first come first serve for camping especially at mid point to HD?

I hear there is a mystical creature looms around them parts.

Well as it turns out, APRIL is one month before the cables are in place so 1/2 Dome not gonna work for hiking. Camping on the valley floor is still an option.

Perhaps we can drive up to the parking lot at 4K feet to view the dome?

post-2154-13667635223497_thumb.jpg

But what do I know

YES.

Do it.

shAmrOck rAllY is mid-March.

SNoWBaLL RaLLy is usually the last weekend of April.

You'll have to see what the Farmers Almanac says about our winter this year. I've been in the Sierra at the end of April for the last 7 years and seen everything from 70 degrees and sunny to 20 degrees and 6 feet of snow on the side of the road.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

Consider a Winter day trip,

The place is empty, with snow on the ground it's just stunning. The park service keeps the roads open in all but the worst weather.

If you have never been to Yosemite in the Winter you are missing out.

http://www.nps.gov/yose/photosmultimedia/webcams.htm

An easy Winter hike is to Snowshoe to Dewey Point from the Badger ski area.

http://articles.sfgate.com/2009-02-20/entertainment/17190606_1_badger-pass-glacier-point-road-yosemite-valley

I am very interested, as long as it's after 4/15 (tax season).

Another good hike (in case Half Dome is still un-cabled) is the 4 mile Trail to Glacier Point.

Dieter

Current:

- 1970 Colorado 2002, 1982 323i, 1972 Porsche 914, 1956 Porsche 356A Coupe replica, 2003 Mini Cooper S

Past:

- 1980 320is Turbo, 1972 Malaga 2002tii, 1973 Polaris 2002tii, 1973 Sahara 2002, 1981 Alpina C1 2.3, 1989 M3, 1984 Hardy & Beck 327S

I'm so in! Love love yosemite. April might have a bit too much water but if I'm going I'm bringing my fly fishing and camping gear.

Frenchee you could drive you new ride....

'69 2002 (M2 for 2012) daily driver

'71 911 T (2.4s) powered Weekend joyride

'67 VW Crew Cab Turbo truck parts hauler

--------------------------------------------------

www.eurovintageparts.com