• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FS: 1973 BMW 2002tii in Ohio

a54atii

IMG_3966.JPG

’73 2002tii

VIN 2762709

Malaga w/ black interior

122,436 miles (approx.)

Asking price: $12,500

Good:

Matching numbers engine

Solid body, minimal rust

Recaro seats

Rebuilt KF pump

Pertronix

02Again shorty header

Bad:

Minor rust in passenger side rocker

Kink in driver side frame rail

Gas tank needs to be repaired or replaced

Odo stopped

Spares (included):

Saddle interior

Original steelies

Gas tank

Front subframe

+ more

Background:

I’m the 3rd owner and have had the car for about 10 years and 22,000 miles. This 2002tii was originally Sahara and was painted by the original owner in a non-BMW color and then painted Malaga by the previous owner. The original front seats were worn, so I converted the interior to black and added Recaro front seats. I used the car extensively during the summer months the first 2-3 years that I owned it and worked through a variety of mechanical issues with the goal of making it reliable. I use Redline in the tranny and diff, Castrol 10/40 or 20/50 in engine. Other items include: replaced KF belt, new turn signal stalk, new hazard switch, plus much more.

The kink in the driver side frame rail happened with the original owner. Apparently, he hit something which damaged the front subframe and kinked the frame rail. There was no damage to the nose. I replaced the front subframe thinking that this would solve the problem. While I was doing this, I found the damage to the frame rail. The best way to fix this would be to replace the frame rail.

Go to the following link for pictures:

'73 2002tii

Click the Email button above or post questions here. Car is located in Yellow Springs, Ohio (near Dayton).

Thanks for looking,

Karl

Listen. Think. Share. Act. Repeat.

I'd make sure to highlight in the ad those gorgeous Borrani's WITH centercaps! Those centercaps are more rare than the wheels even IMO.

They look great on the car BTW. Good luck on the sale!

~Jason

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!

• 1 month later...