• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Car Transport-FL to NY

Sarki

Called Horseless Carriage and received a quote of $1,250.....a bit north of my budget but probably close to what others will charge. Was hoping for less. I'll follow Mike's suggestion and do a search to see if anyone has other Transporters to recommended as well.

Love to fly down and drive it back but the lousy weather has me concerned.

this was my logic, getting the car from California to Texas. It cost me $1700 to uhaul it back after getting there and blowing a water pump. next time, i'll ship it ;)

When I was looking into car transport companies, I looked thru the Hemmings Motor News and then their website, where I stumbled across a website that offered a convenient method for getting quotes. You enter your car and location information and you can get quotes e-mailed to you from (10) companies. I got all kinds of rates and ended up getting tons of spam and phone calls as a result. IIRC, FedEx was the highest rate.

Based on a recommendation from Brandon, I e-mailed Horseless Carriage using their "contact us" link on their website. I didn't hear back from them which I thought was really strange.

Will reply back with the companies I got quotes from and also the guy I used after I return home.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

I can't give you much info on the guy who moved the tii I sold, other than his name (David) and telephone number(513.703.2915). However, he has an enclosed trailer, and was very professional in his dealings with me. He only carries two cars at a time. If you call, just tell him Mike with the orange BMW sent you. I do not know what he charges, since the buyer handled the transaction.

j9273c.jpg
'71 Agave, '71 Verona, '74 Inka, '73 Chamonix

"FAQ Member Number 60"

Thanks to everyone for taking the time and providing me with some excellent contacts. I made a bunch of calls and have 3 options available to me at a reasonable cost....ranging from $800-950 (enclosed).

As of now it appears the seller may handle the transport as he has a connection who he knows personally and would supervise the loading/securing of the car. That is a big plus for me as I am stretching the budget to the limit to make the purchase.

Happy holidays to all! Any Datsun Roadster fans out there??

74 Tii-SOLD

01 Honda S2000

91 Volvo 945 SE Turbo

69 Datsun SRL 311 Roadster

"Why Johnny Ringo, looks like somebody just walked ova your grave" -Tombstone-Val Kilmer

Just found my quote from Blue Star Auto Movers: $ 550.00

www.bluestarautomovers.com

1-877-445-BLUE (2583)

Lauderdale Lakes, FL 33319

They used Neal Alburger (NE Alburger & Company)

Po Box 29793

Richmond, VA 23242

Tel: (804) 512-6212

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

• 8 years later...