• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FS: 1976 2002 in Central NJ

WilC

1976 BMW 2002

VIN: 2376724

4-speed manual

Chassis mileage: 148,128 +miles

Rebuilt engine mileage: ~35,000 miles

Car History:

1976 - Author, Mr. Kirk Russell, purchases the car new in 1976 in Long Beach, CA

1987 – Mr. Robert A. Davies III, who served as CEO of Church & Dwight, Arm & Hammer (1996-2004) purchases the car and has it mechanically reconditioned

1989 – Mr. Davis relocates to NJ and brings the car with him. Then, he gives the car to his son, Mr. Mark Davis

2008 - I buy the car from Mr. Mark Davis

Work done to the car:

1988 - Total engine rebuilt at 121, 000 miles

Engine Kit : pistons, rod bearing, main bearing, rod bushing, intake and exhaust, valves, oil pump, gear kit, oil pump chain, timing chain, timing gear kit, timing gear rail, tensioner rail, tensioner, rockers arms, rockers shafts, crankshaft, engine block, exhaust manifold

1988 - Replaced steering wheel with Leather Momo steering wheel

- Front Leather Seats added, seats are made by Shield‘s, English Seat Manufacturer - $1,200

- New 32/36 DFEV Weber carburetors

1991 - Complete paint job – undercoating and rust proofing

2008 - Eibach lowering springs on 4 corners, Bilstein Sport front shocks, Bilstein rear Heavy Duty shocks, ball joints, and bushing kit

- Complete Tune up

- Rota 15x7 wheels wrapped in Falken tires – tires now have about 9k miles on them

- New Hallo round driving lights

8/2009 - Water Pump & Alternator (320i upgrade)

11/2008 - Replaced Points &Condenser

- Brake job done: replaced Front brake disc Bremo, replaced bearing cap both sides, rear drums Bremo, replaced all brake pads (BMW OEM), replaced parking brake cable, brake cylinder, wheel cylinder, and brake fluid flush

4/2010 – New battery and K&N filter

What needs attention?

Although the car runs like a champ, and is very fun to drive, I will recommend a tune up in the spring. The heat works but the blower doesn’t. The car had A/C at one point (Behr), but when the water pump and the alternator were replaced, the compressor was removed. One more thing, this past season, the odometer stopped working so the miles are stock at the current mileage.

The body is starting to show a little paint bubbling; below the driver and passenger doors, and in the spare wheel compartment. Otherwise, the rest of the body is solid, including rear shock towers.

Why I’m selling?

Under my ownership, I have invested over $2,500 to make this little car more fun. I’m selling it because I need a daily driver; I want to sell it so I can get an E30 318IS or 325IX (trades are welcome). For a Sunday driver, this car is perfect. I have NJ Historic plates, which I only have to renew every 2 years, and my insurance full coverage is less than $200 a year.

I’m asking $ 6,500; all documentation, repair manual, and car cover will be included.

Pictures can be viewed at: http://s1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff370/WilC71/E10%202002

Thank you,

Wil

(732) 227-0282

wilc71@hotmail.com

• 1 month later...