• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone Fly Fish ?

Frenchee

I just came back from the Trinity River near Redding.

Tried to catch some steel head but had no luck. Saw a guide and he said he had only caught one with his customers for the day. I guess its been slow.

I did see fish though... Everyone was doing something wrong or they just weren't biting.

As I was on my way back to San Jose I was thinking maybe someone here on the forum fly fishes!

Anyone particularly from redding?

M20 Turbo 2002- Sold

1970 2002- Sold

1972 2002 Tii. - Sold

S50 e30- DD

Yep, I'm here in Redding, should have made a post before you got here and we could have done some 02'ing.

It is world class fly fishing up here in many areas including the Trinity so weird that you weren't getting anything. I'm not much of a fisherman though so maybe there is a reason for it.

-John

76 Verona 2002

74 Sahara 2002

My youngest brother Marty, who had a '73 2002 at one time, still has his Mini Cooper "S" and a friend of his on the board here ( Big Dog ) are into fly fishing bigtime. Marty was home for Thanksgiving and I could have sworn, I saw gills starting to grow on him!! Anyhow, Marty started tying his own flies as a kid and has fly fished for a long time now. Here's a link of a local outfitter here in Rochester,

Tim

http://www.orvis.com/store/shop.aspx?dir_id=758&shop_id=1446

Thanks for the replies guys!

I usually make a killer fishing for trout but steel head is much different! Locals I talked to said if I caught 1 or 2 a day I should be very happy.

The water temperature... I'm not sure but very very cold. We weren't far from snow.

I will come back sometime and try again.

Ps: audio I didn't drive the 02! My dad drove our minivan haha. Can't put a huge canoe on the 02 without being scared id fly off on the highway.

Although I did not catch anything... i m not very dissapointed because everyone I talked to said "no didn't catch anything today" with a look of frustration haha. Everyone said "couple weeks ago I caught..."

Nexttime I go I will contact u redding folks

M20 Turbo 2002- Sold

1970 2002- Sold

1972 2002 Tii. - Sold

S50 e30- DD