• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

a toy from Santa

RSlater

My wife found this for me on Ebay. Its supposedly from the 70s. As she was bidding on this one an E9 Batmobile sold for almost $200 (ouch). Maybe some of you long timers might have seen these in the day. I'm almost 40 and I remember I had a couple of BMW models in the early 80s. I wish I still had that E30 M3 model.

Hope everyone has a great new year

Ryan

http://gallery.me.com/ryanslater#gallery

post-18446-13667635701452_thumb.jpg

post-18446-13667635702191_thumb.jpg

Ryan

76 jadegrun "Helle"

I have one of those! Supposedly pretty rare, so I haven't put it together. Wish they still made cool models like those. I walk through the toy stores with my 5 year old now and all we see are Nascar models - boring!

'76 02 (Pastellblau - my 1st car - owned since 1992)
'04 330i zhp (Monaco Blue)

'07 328i 6spd (Titanium Silver)

'11 X3 (Alpine White)

years...unbuilt. Things are too valuable to build, so I content myself with the 1/18 scale diecast ones. The detail on them is fantastic--you can read the speedometer and hubcap emblems with a magnifying glass!

And I have a 1/43 scale diecast 1600 with opening doors and hood--a Belgian brand (Saviem?)--that I bought in Hong Kong while on leave from Vietnam in 1971. Only one I've ever seen.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite