• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any difference between 72tii and 73tii front wiring harness?

jerry

That boot is good enough for me...thanks for the reference. It's not exactly like the original one though, as I recall...the original boot had tabs on it similar to the cold start boot. Actually, that boot looks very similar to a boot I bought for the alternator on one of my other cars. I'll have to check p/n's.

Guys, Marc Caden found a boot that fits that connection like the original, I have posted that part number before.

Let me waddle to the shed to see if I have a spare in the bag and will report back.

Here we go, I use this on the thermotime switch

thermotimeboot.jpg

43Temperaturetimeswitch.jpg

The part number for the cold start/fifth injector is 61 13 1 352 793

Randy, do you have the part number for the sleeve from McMaster Carr?

By the way, Wuth has STILL NOT called me back.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

Good info...thanks!

John - the cold start valve boot is available from BMW - under the E9's I think. I got mine from Rob Torres along with some other parts.IMG_2314.jpg

pics81408004.jpg

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

John, you are correct about the original boot having "ears".

From Bruce Hall's car:

BruceHallstii5.jpg

And the angled connector on the temperature sender looks insulated. Maybe use some brush on "Plasti-dip" coating on a new terminal???

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Yup, that's the one! Thanks Bill....that original OEM boot "with ears" came as a "one piece" setup along with the wiring (harness)...this is the part I lost, sadly. Very rare to ever find one these days.

From Bruce Hall's car:

BruceHallstii5.jpg

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

Yup, that's the one! Thanks Bill....that original OEM boot "with ears" came as a "one piece" setup along with the wiring (harness)...this is the part I lost, sadly. Very rare to ever find one these days.

From Bruce Hall's car:

BruceHallstii5.jpg

Round and round we go - but this is my kind of fun!

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,0/page,viewtopic/t,348548/sid,adffa033da898ce1fe785d64434a4305/

The boot kind of looks like the one on the electric fuel pump (but that one has two holes for the wires). Note the Bosch part number. When I google that number, I got a hit to a Citroen DS21 fuel injection manual. The Bosch pump used in that car uses the same rubber cap (and maybe the plug and cold start valve) used on the tii's. Sadly, the fuel pump has (3) fuel fittings on it just like the pump used on the VW Type III cars (Fastback, Squareback and Notchback).

pics1092010038.jpg

pics1092010039.jpg

pics1092010037.jpg

Jim Gerock

No. I'm just saying that those two boots look identical. I have been searching for the right boot on multiple websites - nothing yet.

Edit - here is a close up picture from the BMW Fuel injection manual. I see the angled wire terminal for the temperature sender is not insulated.

page8.jpg

And a good picture of the # 4 fuel injector on a 72tii engine

page20.jpg

Jim Gerock