• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NEW guy with a Lumma 73 Tii

paynedwp

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah I think I talked to previous owner for a year+ it went from 14, 10,7, 5 etc etc etc till I pulled the trigger.. Although it has its share of cancer I couldnt pass up the deal or all the new parts...

I've only owned it less than 48Hrs and I have had two people offer to double my money so I dont know why they had such a hard time selling it... ((That means is there something I should know??))

BTW since we are just now rolling I wont be at the C&C today!

Dan

OH and here's what happens when you tell your paint and body man that he has full poetic liscense to paint a car (bought it cheap) and told him how we were gonna make it a fun parade car with 2KW *speakers 2 subs etc etc... I dont think I'll use the term surprise me anymore...

post-15153-13667635905462_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Oh boy. You got that car in houston, right? The PO lived pretty near me. It has an alarming amount of rust. I suspect it will be in the paint and body phase for a long time if done correctly. Based upon the context of your posts I suspect you bought it for under 5k - which is still a great deal. Also, it's worth noting that those wheels are worth a nice chunk of change. Correct me if I'm wrong but those are 2 (or 3?) piece oz turbos in et20...I've seen them go for well over 1k.

Patrick Sloan

1975 inka 2002 - 2375719

1991 325iC

2001 325i

You should never tell someone what you paid for a car in case you go to resell it-Which in this case I might do (I have 6 cars) so I cannot disclose that i PAID 3,000.00 and there's no way I'm gonna tell anyone that.

On the wheels I dont have a clue - On the three pc vs two...I'll check BUT I remember when I got 3 pc for my Boxster S and a valet curbed them...Porsche said yes they are 3pc...but we dont offer the pc's.... so I (they) had to buy two new ones...

Now I need to find one latch for Conv. top...ANY IDEAS??? and decide whether to mend the top or have another made....

I think the factory top will work on the Lumma. As far as latches go, my Lumma had some clamps with a screw in knob left, right and center. I don't know if the factory latches would work but they also might still be in a parts bin. you could check with Blunt.

• 2 weeks later...

Well It looked very good this weekend (in between Games)

Interior was out so I could check the floor pans and was expecting to see major damage but found one quarter size and a pin hole or two.. Welded (or tacked(?) over them,ground down, then sealed

Front end was remarkable fine...

So when I got the call Sunday to look at the back end I was expecting Major cancer issues... Well I can say who ever paint it the third time painted over it and the bubbling effect was worse than the actual damage..

Luckily in the bone yards of the shop was a 72 ass end so the boys did a cut and paste... (have not seen yet as I;m traveling but will see on Thursday when I select the yellow...

I hope I am surprised...

However the system is down at the shop (virus ) and I cant see photo's (but they are taking them 139 at last count...

How is the body structure braced after chopping the roof off? True cabrios have a lot of structure added at the factory who made the conversions in Germany. Any rattles, squeaks? Cowl shake over rail crossings? And I don't understand why they couldn't slope the windshield like the original cabrios. Just hyperventilating.