• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radio that will fit in Behr console

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have a '75 2002 with a Behr air conditioner setup. The radio I have now is going bad but the problem in replacing it is that the chassis for every radio i have considered using is too long for the space available. Any recommendations for a radio that would fit in this space? I don't need a CD or tape player -- just a good radio.

Guest Anonymous

dimensions of the decks they sell so that you can determine what will fit. If you want to go vintage then any of the early Blaupunkt (Frankfurt model) or Becker (Europa or Europa II ) will fit.

shermanmartinez@hotmail.com

I have a '75 2002 with a Behr air conditioner setup. The radio I have now is going bad but the problem in replacing it is that the chassis for every radio i have considered using is too long for the space available. Any recommendations for a radio that would fit in this space? I don't need a CD or tape player -- just a good radio.

I have put this in my Behr console a few months ago:

http://www.amazon.com/PYLE-PLR22MPF-FM-MPX-Playback-AUX/dp/B002E9GUBI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1293839273&sr=8-1

Not a period stereo, but period looking, with shafts. And it is very short, fits perfectly. Has inputs for AUX, SD card and USB. Can't beat this for the price.

Dieter

post-17565-13667635888181_thumb.jpg

Current:

- 1970 Colorado 2002, 1982 323i, 1972 Porsche 914, 1956 Porsche 356A Coupe replica, 2003 Mini Cooper S

Past:

- 1980 320is Turbo, 1972 Malaga 2002tii, 1973 Polaris 2002tii, 1973 Sahara 2002, 1981 Alpina C1 2.3, 1989 M3, 1984 Hardy & Beck 327S

I have put this in my Behr console a few months ago:

http://www.amazon.com/PYLE-PLR22MPF-FM-MPX-Playback-AUX/dp/B002E9GUBI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1293839273&sr=8-1

Not a period stereo, but period looking, with shafts. And it is very short, fits perfectly. Has inputs for AUX, SD card and USB. Can't beat this for the price.

Dieter

i have the same radio in 2 of my o2's and just ordered a 3rd...they are nice and cheap as well...i like the memory stick feature...i load a 2 gig usb stick with tunes and books

I have an old Kenwood AM-FM cassette deck that I had in my former 74 with a Behr AC console. I parted that 02 out 15 years ago after it was totaled by a driver who ran a red light. I recently came across the stereo in my parts bin, let me know if you are interested in it. It will cost you a six pack of good German beer., It's so old, it only puts out 4 watts/channel. If you like it loud, you'll need an amp.

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

I have a '76 '02 with FrigidKing A/C with the Becker Europa which c.d. showed, and it looks and works great. It's stereo - and I understand the first stereo radio put into production cars. I think the old Blaupunkt Essen or Frankfurt would work just as well. I bought mine on eBay. They do show up there from time-to-time.

1976 2002 Inka

2008 M5 Sapphire Black Metallic, 6-speed

I installed a Kenwood from Crutchfield to replace the Becker Europa II radio (light doesn't work and it won't hold stations). I added a USB extension cable with socket and mounted it behind the shifter where the fog light button was installed, then moved the fog light button up into the Behr faceplate to replace the "dummy" button.

This picture is before I added the USB extender.

32109019.jpg

The receiver is a tight fit, but it clears the condensate drain.

pics112010042.jpg

2272010005.jpg

2272010003.jpg

Since the USB plug was slightly smaller than the existing opening behind the shifter, I cut the green portion out of the "dummy" button and used the rest as a filler.

2272010006.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"