• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Major thanks to all

UROTRSH

you must of owned a 1957 VW bug ?

can't say I like your Go Pedal Mod?!?

there are plenty of gas pedals laying in boxes if

you just ask over in the -=>

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewforum/f,6/

section

t_gas_pedal_236.jpg

and pedal rubbers are available from BMW for like

$1.98 each - treat yerself.

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

Thanks for the input folks, I already replaced the webbing on the klippan's when I first bought the car. I'd like to modify them to make them retract because I love the old style of connectors. The idea I had was to use the spring mechanism from my late model and use the klippan locking doodads. Has anyone done this??

I've seen many 02's on the road around Atlanta and figured there had to be meets from time to time. Just had to get my car to the point it'd safely make it there and back. I'll keep an eye out for anything coming up.

Where the pedal is concerned I actually have the original pedal but my 71 is missing the connectors to the floor due to rust. I've already patched and sealed any holes on the floor boards and plan on coming up with something to allow me to re-attach the original pedal. For now I thought I'd try the skateboard wheel just for shits and giggles. I've only had it on there for two days and I'm beginning to really like the way it feels. I know it's not correct but feels good under my foot. Where the rubbers are concerned I just hadn't put them on when I took this picture. I see I am going to have to be very careful when I post any pictures on here in the future.

I'm sure someone will notice I have late model wing mirrors too. I have the original drivers side in hand but there was a pair of late model L and R's in the trunk when I bought it so I installed them to feel safer on the Atlanta highways. My plan is to find a correct period passenger side mirror but for now I'm making do with what I have. All in good time.

Again thanks for the input!

Love this website, it not only makes 02ing better but for me it's actually made it possible.

Cheers

'71 2002

'75 2002

Thanks for the input folks, I already replaced the webbing on the klippan's when I first bought the car. I'd like to modify them to make them retract because I love the old style of connectors. The idea I had was to use the spring mechanism from my late model and use the klippan locking doodads. Has anyone done this??

Yes it can be done, but..

1) Old Klippan buckles are too heavy for the retractor to pull, unless you find some heavy duty industrial retractors.. (I have some from military vehicles, but they will take some space to install properly). You may need help with the webbing to retract..

2) Original Klippan webbing width is too wide for modern retractors to accept, close to 2" instead of 1:7/8" standard used in modern cars..unless it has been replaced with modern material, or you use heavy duty retractors with a wide throat (like those I have..)

3) You need to know what you are doing when matching different safety components together, not every upholstery shop have the know-how, stitching requires very heavy thread (grade 138 and up) which most industrial sewing machine cannot handle, even those in Jugo's upholstery shop..A sewing machine in shoe repair shop will do a much better job if the shop agrees to stitch a sfety equipment due to obvious reliability reasons. Or you can commission **a seat belt expert**, I know a genius...

At the end; if there is a will, there is a way as the wise man once said.

of any distance with that pedal--after 50 miles it''ll feel like you're stepping on a spike.

You should be able to find some properly-sized ball studs that will bolt through your floor so you can mount a proper accelerator pedal. Try a place that sells lawn tractors and other garden equipment--tillers, snow blowers etc. They use 'em for linkages.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite