• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Volvo Amazon

02tom

Scary thing is that Volvo also employed 'parts bin engineering'. Parts from much later cars tend to bolt right up on earlier cars.

Would you change the brakes over to 2002 parts?

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

I owned a 4 door 1965 with IPD engine goodies for a few years until the rust consumed her. Back then I didn't have the money to treat her right and she just wasted away. The floorboards were so bad that I would get my feet wet going through puddles....

But she was a great car, would go anywhere and through anything... kind of a little tank really.

I still want to find a 2 door or a wagon to hot rod...

This is the only photo I could find... twenty years ago, many pounds lighter, and with hair Blunt would be proud of!

post-502-1366763612737_thumb.jpg

Aaron

Walter: You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me. I'll get you a toe by this afternoon--with nail polish...

Great shot Aaron. i need to scan the shot of me in my old Tii driving cross country to grad school. I could barely see out the windows and there were 3 bikes on the back. Yes I was skinnier also.

Here is a link for 70's Volvos.

http://www.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/mash.cgi?cat=cp&itm=volvo+1960s&loc=&fil=&ys=&ye=&ps=&pe=&pgs=100&submit=++++go++++

Joseph O'Neil

73 02 - Polaris - 2587250

67 2000 TiLux- Chamonix - 1451152

Not a 122, but lots of mechanical bits in common. The earlier SU carbed cars with the B18 four cylinder are closer mechanically to the Amazon. My 1800ES is closer to th 140 series with the B20, D Jet fuel injection and 4 wheel disc brakes.

Earl

72 Volvo 1800ES

02 M Rodster

74 o2Lux

post-2008-13667636218283_thumb.jpg

post-2008-13667636219131_thumb.jpg

post-2008-13667636220774_thumb.jpg

74 02Lux

15 M235i

72 Volvo 1800ES

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell

There's a strange old guy that daily drives one in my neighbor. It's an ugly gray, perhaps even primer gray, beat up and with stickers on it for music shops. He's always out and about town, every day, summer or winter. For some odd reason I've never been able to catch him to talk about it. I haven't tried real hard, but surely I should run into him at some point.

Oh, and if I remember right, Colin Powell is quite the Volvo enthusiast. I think he used to repair his Amazon at the parking lot on base all the time.

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

sports seats, factory tach, appropriate badges and a remote shifter and overdrive tranny from a P1800 instead of the 4 speed magician's wand that the 122s normally had.

I've only seen one, at an AF base back in the 60s; think the owner brought it back from Europe so don't know if it was officially imported. Anyone know?

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Mike,

At my last duty station, Ft. Rucker, Al, an older friend of mine, now deceased, had a black one he had restored. The 123GT was a special version of the 2 door chassis (130) with high compression B18B engine, dual SU carbs, M41 4 speed transmission with Laycock overdrive , fully reclining seats, front fog and driving lights, alternator, fender mounted mirrors on some models, special steering wheel, special dash with shelf and rev counter. I do not think they were officially imported into the USA as you state. Highly sought after by "Round Fender" Volvo folks.

Earl

74 02Lux

02 M Roadster

72 Volvo 1800ES

74 02Lux

15 M235i

72 Volvo 1800ES

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell