• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: 2002/3-series-SoCal 4k

AARP

Do you have a garage to tinker with the car? Do you even want to or just jump in and go? 02s are reliable too but they are 40+ yrs old and need more attention, time and $$. I'm sure you'll get a lot of advice once everyone is up. But my vote is a 318is manual. Great gas mileage, super fun, very reliable and easy to work on. For 3-4K, you can find a clean reliable e30.

Ray

73 Chamonix-S14 powered

Elefant Supply Apparel & more O=00=O

faq sig

Do you have a garage to tinker with the car? Do you even want to or just jump in and go? 02s are reliable too but they are 40+ yrs old and need more attention, time and $$. I'm sure you'll get a lot of advice once everyone is up. But my vote is a 318is manual. Great gas mileage, super fun, very reliable and easy to work on. For 3-4K, you can find a clean reliable e30.

I have my friends garage to take it to to tinker with or for minor issues, but if something major happens it's gonna have to go to my mechanic. Right now I'm looking for something that will run good from the get go, cosmetic issues are not a problem as long as it's relatively rust free. I've looked a lot at some 318is and 325is, but it seems that for my price range the market only has cars with at least 200,000 on them already. Thanks for your help!

saw and E30 for sale in glendale on craigslist.

think he was asking 3.5K, it had ALOT of good stuff on it as well.

Hmm, don't think I've seen that one. I'll keep an eye out.

here it is, no affiliation with seller, etc.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/2144359335.html

Aha, now I remember that one. I contacted the seller and it turns out it's really in quite bad shape and hasn't been running for a year.

Did you see this 71 02? I looked at it a few nights ago. I'm going back sat morning to get a better look and test drive it. I don't need it but it's solid and rust free. I'll probably buy it for giggles and sell it after I get all the minor stuff worked out on it. If you are interested, I'll give you details. Hopefully someone will pick it up before I do.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/2142489695.html

Ray

73 Chamonix-S14 powered

faq sig

Did you see this 71 02? I looked at it a few nights ago. I'm going back sat morning to get a better look and test drive it. I don't need it but it's solid and rust free. I'll probably buy it for giggles and sell it after I get all the minor stuff worked out on it. If you are interested, I'll give you details. Hopefully someone will pick it up before I do.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/2142489695.html

I saw it and emailed the guy and he sent some pics along with info but I didn't follow up seeing as I don't have time to drive to Pasadena this week. I'm looking forward to hearing your report on it if it turns out you don't buy it (Or if you do buy it and decide to fix it up and sell it, keep in touch). I'm really not concerned with the cosmetics at this point, I'm really just looking for it to be mechanically sound as I need a daily driver. How did it look? Any rust, etc?

Hit in the driver rear quarter, not too bad. Fan doesn't work, might be fuse. Right turns don't work, might be bulb, ground, etc. Need fuel sender. Left stalk needs to be re-installed. Needs door seals. A lot more pros than cons. Very rust free, none in towers, wheel well, jack points, doors, etc. except for front from battery acid. Bumpers are perfect. 3 owner CA car with blue plates. The best part for me, it has a minty period Blaupunkt with the original manuals! Send me your contact info and I'll give you the rest of the details tomorrow.

Ray

73 Chamonix-S14 powered

faq sig

Hit in the driver rear quarter, not too bad. Fan doesn't work, might be fuse. Right turns don't work, might be bulb, ground, etc. Need fuel sender. Left stalk needs to be re-installed. Needs door seals. A lot more pros than cons. Very rust free, none in towers, wheel well, jack points, doors, etc. except for front from battery acid. Bumpers are perfect. 3 owner CA car with blue plates. The best part for me, it has a minty period Blaupunkt with the original manuals! Send me your contact info and I'll give you the rest of the details tomorrow.

Sounds good. I'm not too good with mechanics but all of those seem like minor issues. My email is covenantarmy272 at yahoo.com