• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do you do for a living?

Frenchee

35 years as a butcher in NYC

This is a funny one, just about the BEST butcher in NYC!

Anyway I co-own a record label called Luaka Bop. Pretty crazy wide range of folks here. I would guess that would be the nature of any car marque site, and another reason why cars are as interesting as they are, there is usually a ton of other folks totally different then you that have only one thing in common. That way you get to interact with people you would otherwise have had nothing to do with.

As for the record label thing, I always loved music but thought working with it would mess up that love. Everything else I worked on though ended up with me working in music. It hasn't destroyed my feelings for it either. Luckily I live in a large city so through one connection or another I would always find a job after leaving the last one and being out of work for months thinking no one would ever hire me. Someone always did.

Yale

Anyway I co-own a record label called Luaka Bop. Pretty crazy wide range of folks here. I would guess that would be the nature of any car marque site, and another reason why cars are as interesting as they are, there is usually a ton of other folks totally different then you that have only one thing in common. That way you get to interact with people you would otherwise have had nothing to do with.

As for the record label thing, I always loved music but thought working with it would mess up that love. Everything else I worked on though ended up with me working in music. It hasn't destroyed my feelings for it either. Luckily I live in a large city so through one connection or another I would always find a job after leaving the last one and being out of work for months thinking no one would ever hire me. Someone always did.

Yale

Yale, you win... SWEETEST job on the forum. I am as jealous as you are humble. My own love of music is only matched by my absolute lack of any talent or skill to actually make any of my own.

Congrats on 20+ years in the industry. You guys have a great website btw... Loved your blog entry on the meaning of Luaka Bop!

Happy motoring and best wishes...

I'm going to go dig out my Cornershop CDs now...

Aaron

Walter: You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me. I'll get you a toe by this afternoon--with nail polish...

I can sell anytime, but I am hoping to get to Vintage at Old Salem in NC on Memorial Day weekend one last time, then full sale on! I have over 9k invested so I am hoping to get 8k - negotiable! There is still work to be done on the car, but all the mechanics are great right now. Put the larger disc brakes on front, converted rears to disc...strut braces front and back, sparco seats, sport springs and shocks, new radiator, alternator, etc. I have lots of pictures that show all that has been done, all receipts, etc.

Dental Laboratory owner and technician. Make crowns, bridges, implants, veneers, etc. for Dentists. Started in 1969 and still at it. One man laboratory, all hand work. "Hobby with a deadline" Love the work, but can be very stressful trying to fabricate custom work in a limited time.

Pretty cool deliver vehicle though...2THWAXR

part of the manufacturing process is to "Wax-up" a crown, prior to casting it in gold. Hence, toothwaxer.

touring.jpg

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

Is this the longest running sticky? It is getting tedious to scroll past this to the new posts, so can we nuke this now?

Are you still on thread view?

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

Stays at the top for me! I'm a 3D CG VFX artist or whatever you want to call it. I render cars all day long. Go on any website and configure a GM car or a Nissan or a toyota. We probably did that. I can make cool movies and stuff too. ;)