• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do you do for a living?

Frenchee

Car buyer for an auto dismantler. Insurance salvage, private party...

Interesting at times, ya never know what you'll come across. Last month I bought two '97 M3's within a week of each other from private parties. One was a 4-door auto with 121k miles and an aftermarket turbo kit on it. Bad turbo. Bought for $800. The other was a coupe with 119k miles, 5spd with a bad rearend. Bought for $1200. Insurance auctions are a completely different beast all together...

Dan

I am a Human Factors Psychologist. I started in engineering for a year at a community college then worked in a mobile home factory for a few years and then went back to school for psychology. I did not find out about Human Factors until I was in graduate school for experimental/cognitive psych and was so excited to find Human Factors that combines engineering, psychology, research, design, yoga, and building stuff. I believe it continues to be a growing profession, as all products and services need usability and utility. "Design Thinking" and user centered design!! Look at job tasks like "user interface design", usability testing, and Innovation prototyping. I have been doing this in the software and web product space for almost 30 years and it is new every day.

Ray,  Current BMWs, 1973 BMW 2002, Turkis, and 1997 BMW 318i 5sp avus blue.  Drove a lot and sold over the years, in reverse chron.

1997 m3 coupe silver, 1998 318ti red, 1996 318ti red,

1973 2002 Agave, 1971 2002  GM brown

• 2 weeks later...

I dropped out of college in the 80's to help keep the family business afloat, which fortunately worked out. What currently keeps me busy is car stereo peddling and real estate development and management. Yeah, I know, very similar trades, :-)

http://www.salectronics.com/

http://www.wlinv.com/

I wish I had finished college and plan on going back to get at least some kind of degree that has to do with cars, which is my passion. Both my sons are in college and I encourage them all the time about the importance of getting a degree, not because of the diploma, but for the actual experience and discipline you learn. It took me years and countless mistakes to learn what I have so far and I truly believe that the path would have been easier if I had finished school.

Cheers

Edward

76 BMW 2002 Arktisblau M42 5 spd - Born 5.21.76 - daily money pit * 06 Aston Martin V8 Vantage 6 spd * 73 Mustang Convertible 351C * 11 Aston Martin Rapide V12 * 15 VW Touareg * 23 Audi e-tron SUV (wife's)

sig_banner.jpg.5aeae468aebf7c560d52fe62d249efbd.jpg

I'm a research scientist in the flat panel TV business. Came from Greece in '98, studied in PA, graduated in '04, and bought my first car in '05 (a Sahara '76 automatic), then sold it and graduated to a manual ('75 Taiga), which became part of a house downpayment. I bought a '75 tii from a member of this forum who totally misrepresented the car and shattered my faith in the 2002 brotherhood community.

I remember as a kid we used to take road trips in Greece in our orange 1802, both parents smoking in the front, and us three kids in the back...

I work in a cubicle environment, but I don't think I'd steer myself towards that if I was starting again. My opinion is that working for yourself beats working for someone else, regardless of the job (but that's me).

Art Director & Graphic Designer/ 1972 Malaga Red 2002.

Hey, I had the same car, driven daily for about 28 years!

[VIN was 2582401, was yours close to this?]

My sig says what I do, love to help anyone interested in brightening up their rear end and/or headlights. Been at it a while, so I can probably answer all kinds of questions re: lighting improvements.

Just an FYI- I do not consider lights as fashion accessories, so not going to sell tinted bulbs or smoke your tails unless there's a good reason, and ONLY with high output bulbs for reasonable output. Off-road cars are exempt from this.

Joined today, Glad to be aboard!

Andy the tail light guy says "Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"  [mailto:mobrighta@comcast.net]

Lighting Upgrades for E3, E9, E10, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30, E32, E36, E39 - front & back
Tail Light upgrades keep them off your tail, out of your trunk;
Headlight film keeps your 'eyes' from being scratched out or broken.

Defense contactor now. 26 years as a US Army Infantryman...retired in 2001. Degrees in Civil Engineering and Information Technology. Learned a while back...work to live not live to work. Family first. Three kiddos that are Bimmer guys and gals...and grandkis that love to hold the wrench or turn the socket for me.

Our '73 02 now has 360k miles on her. A near daily drive and weekend screamer for wife and me. The '02 is my santuary for remembering patience and simple things are always best...and last the longest.

hay mate, im down here in new zealand (the anus of the world lol) im a 24yr old carpenter,with a passion for extreme sports,cool cars and lucky enough to have a full option 73 o2 tii roundie, im almost living the dream lol

cheers

julian

73' 2002tii roundie cr 5spd 2751420

Embedded Linux engineer. Basically, get Linux running (and continuing to run) on most any computer device you can carry around or is installed in hard to reach places.

Kind of fun, and I'm doing a bit of dabbling in making my own in-car camera system...hopefully I can follow in gastephens' footsteps!

BTW, I was a liberal arts major in university, and up until a few years ago, had little Linux experience, I was actually selling steel.

1976 BMW 2002

1961 Austin Mini

1983 BMW 320i