• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silicone Grease???

bracohen

I can't find this crap anywhere locally, everybody wants to sell me silicone spray from a can. I can order from Sears and for $23 shipping MAYBE I will have it in a week (normal shipping I would be lucky to have it by the end of the month).

Is there any alternative to this stuff when replacing the o-ring on the fuel sender?

I have a giant tube of Sil-Glyde that I keep around for all kinds of things...

I just tried searching Autozone's site, and they have tiny packages of it:

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/AGS-14-oz-4-g-Sil-Glyde-brake-lubricant/_/N-268d?counter=0&filterByKeyWord=Sil-Glyde&fromString=search&itemIdentifier=193245_0_0_

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

Dow Corning sells silicone grease in tubes as a vacuum sealant and laboratory use. i use it on the o-rings for the heater valve rebuild and on anything related to the hydraulic system where it might come in contact with brake fluid.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

if you've got a dive shop around, you should be able to get some there. every major component in SCUBA requires an o-ring and some silicon grease.

edit: scubatoys is well regarded and typically ships quickly. they're also my local dive shop, so let me know if i need to swing by and get some to ship your way.

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=Olube

Look for it in plumbing supplies.

yeah but when I went to plumbing in lowes they told me I was in the wrong section, let's go check over here! of course we didn't find it. luckily home depot knew what the fuck they were doing.

finally got some, thanks for everyone's help. hopefully my trunk fuel smell is done now. got the car in the garage again, will go check in a few hours.

thanks all again, and thanks for this wonderful site.