• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why are there so many Red 2002s?

jgerock

Just had this brief discussion with Marshall Lytle yesterday. We seem to have tons of Verona and Malaga cars around here (Mid Atlantic states), but rarely see colors such as Golf, Taiga, Baikal and Colorado on the streets and for sale.

Fellow FAQ members, what seems to be the predominant color on 2002's in your area?

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was complaining that it seems every car up for sale is SAHARA!

-mpkwy

CARS:Past

1966 VW Bug

1971 2002 (BOUGHT IN 1972) (totaled, back in my sordid youth)

1975 2002 (mntgrun (sold)

1973 2002 (Sahara, unmolested, Sold, sniff-sniff)

asst Honda accords and Outbacks

Current:

06 Outback

04 Camry

Here are the 6 I've seen in Houston:

Golf

Inka

Chamonix

Verona

Schwartz (and it was a targa - very cool).

And - the Fjord one out back.

So - my unscientific and statistically insignificant count says there isn't a predominant color.

How's that?

Ken

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.

It'd be interesting if we could get Andres (at the factory) to compile the colors, by model, of the 2002s. I suspect he has better things to do with his time than that though.

Maybe Mike S., thru his ROUNDEL contacts, could see if it would be realistic to get it done. (Hint, hint).

Bob Napier

about 7 years ago, I came up with a full collection of Roundels, and started looking at their ads, also looked at ebay, cl and other sources, and noting vin numbers, colors,s/r, etc. I have my notes somewhere, but if I remember right malaga, verona, and the rest of the reds came on top. Some like sahara and chamonix were also in great numbers. One can make the connection that the initial population is proportionate with the population of colors in the market +/- 3 sigma.

The more gowdy (oops, did I say that?) colors were less popular back then, so not a lot of them were made.

SLO 2002 show in 2002:

2002 Fest West by oxiourus, on Flickr" rel="external nofollow">Veronas 2002 Fest West

FAQ Member # 91