• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New in this forum...

javistor

Hi, just checking in from San Antonio TX, been around bimmers for a good part of my life, getting ready to start a 72' 02 project. I've done several projects including an 85 euro spec M6 but my addiction has always been the 02's. My last 02 was 1975 and sold it back in 04. I currently own an 03 E46 M3, hope to be part of this unique group!

I'll post some pics of the project soon... here's one of my ol' M6!

post-19341-13667636645569_thumb.jpg

Money can buy you a fine dog, only kindness will make him wag his tail...

Hi, just checking in from San Antonio TX, been around bimmers for a good part of my life, getting ready to start a 72' 02 project. I've done several projects including an 85 euro spec M6 but my addiction has always been the 02's. My last 02 was 1975 and sold it back in 04. I currently own an 03 E46 M3, hope to be part of this unique group!

Welcome to our madness.

I'm in Elmendorf, 20 mile south of you......well, when I'm not in India.

Post some pics of the '02 when you get time.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Welcome to our madness.

I think I know who you are even though we haven't met, do you take your touring to Bert's? I was the one who sold the shop to Bert in 04 where he is located now in Tezel, good friend of mine!

Very pretty six series. My son's previous Bimmer was a 2002 Dinan S2 M3. Very nice cars, but he decided to sell it, as the market price was on the decline, and picked-up an extemely clean ' 89 M3 (with many updates to ' 91 Evo model) from a friend of ours in the BMW CCA.

He's currently doing a ground-up refurbishment on it.

Welcome to this board.

Bob Napier

post-19341-13667636649372_thumb.jpg

post-144-13667636650951_thumb.jpg

Welcome to our madness.

I think I know who you are even though we haven't met, do you take your touring to Bert's? I was the one who sold the shop to Bert in 04 where he is located now in Tezel, good friend of mine!

Yes, that would be me. So I have you to blame for sending Bert further away from me. I have to take a trunk full of spares and a pack lunch when I visit him now!

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Welcome Aboard!

I don't think we've met. Though I've seen your car at the Towers show. Have you bought the 2002 yet?

Thanks, I recognize your name from SEA, me and Dale used to put the show together but unfortunately there was too much going on this year so we had to cancel... I just bought a 72, been looking for a project for sometime now since I sold the M6 (I also sold the E30 M3 with the S52 conversion about 6 months ago) and being that I had a good run with my previous 02 decided to come back for another one...

We met at that show at BMP...I think we cracked a couple of beers talking about the cars. I remember you won a trophy or award of some type (maybe favorite '02) at that show. I was there in my (still) poorly painted '72 nevada. I've got a photo of your old '02 somewhere...I'll try to find it. Welcome to the FAQ!

Skip in Arkansas

Budweiser...It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Avatar photo courtesy K. Kreeger, my2002tii.com ©

Did you nab the one off Craigslist with pictures of it on a trailer?

Yes I did, a bit rough but structurally solid and mostly original, need to replace the spare wheel well but no other obvious rust...