• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ice Racing in Michigan anyone?

KFunk

‎"ICE RACING NEWS!!! It appears we have some good ice waiting for us at Turk Lake!! The first scheduled event is the

weekend of January 29&30. I know this is Sno*Drift weekend. So, I am looking for a commitment of at least 25 people

to ...come out for one or both of these days. If you come out for both days, you can be counted twice! If you are

going to Sno*Drift and want to run on Sunday, I will take late entries if you let me know ahead of time. So please

email me at wdrsbtr@iserv.net or call 616-460-9581. The event scheduled for Feb 5/6 will be the next event. After

that, we will try to run as long as we have ice! Stay tuned to this channel for future updates!"

It's kind of like autocross on ice. Here's pics from last year: http://www.clutchpics.com/Motorsports/Ice-Racing/2010-02-06-Furrin-Group-Ice/11165930_t6VeG#784261461_T6HSo

This is with the Furrin Group, near Grand Rapids. I think there's a general tech inspection, and its sorted by FWD, RWD, AWD, and whether you have snow tires or all-seasons (no studs allowed).

I'm going to try to take either the Miata or a Subaru Outback.

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

Certqinly, you have to make the most of where you are, but, oh, you must miss Hawaii.

Hah, funny you say that. Just last night my friend found a video that he took of an entire 'tour' of my one-room studio apartment in Waikiki, which cost me $785/month. It really makes me appreciate my relatively giant apartment here with attached garage that costs $550/month.

Besides that, in all honesty, I don't miss the islands at all. It's far better here for a whole lot of reasons. We even have far, far better twisty roads here. :)

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

I would take the 02 for the fun of it :P I know how easy they are to put ass end forward!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

I would take the 02 for the fun of it :P I know how easy they are to put ass end forward!

I'd love to try, but there's no way I'm taking the 02 on salt-covered roads all the way to Michigan! Besides, with my 3.90 and DCOE 40s w/stock cam, I don't think I could ever keep from spinning the tires the whole time. It's hard enough to get traction when taking off on a wet road....

Bring a Welder