• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Questions about the IE front Air dam

omar510

[list=]

is the ie front air dam worth it? Searching thru threads shows negative feedback for the air dam.

What does "worth it" mean? What are you looking for? I like the look of the IE air dam and without turbo flairs the fit is very good. With the flairs it took a bit of "massaging" to get the corners to be a good fit with no gaps (reformed with a heat gun). For racing (or parking into curbs), ABS holds up much better than fiberglass.

This forum is about our cars, not politics or attacks

It's a horrible Air Dam, simply awful, why would you waste your money on that piece of plastic trash.

I ran one until it fell off at 190 mph, it scared small children as well, so good riddance.

if you search long enough to find an unhappy customer your bound to find one sooner or later. Good luck with your hunt!

Not true. I broke the sound barrier on the 405 IN TRAFFIC the other day and the spoiler was still in tact. Actually the super sonic waves polished it and it wiped out all the rock chips. As new now.

In all seriousness, I love mine and I am very happy with it. I had it professionally installed and painted. Its holding up pretty well so far.

Its your choice of course man.

Hamada

70Bristol02 E36M3 E34535im

It is a copy of the zender(I've got both, an original and IE abs version). Because it's not as rigid(think stiffer version of a 15gal rubbermaid container) it doesn't fit up as nice as the plastic zender; however, it will last longer. I have yet to install either, I plan on installing the IE one on my agave when I have a free day as I want it to be perfectly aligned the first time.

The BavAuto spoiler is a copy of the Kamei which I also make.

(Mine is better I think.)

Bav Auto's and mine are both made of fiberglass but they are very different from th IE unit which is made out of ABS. The Kamei mounts without a bumper, the IE mounts with a bumper. (Some mount the IE without a bumper but I think it looks odd.)

Pierre

O==00==O

69 2002 (M20), 74 tii, 76 533i, 79 323i, 80 732i, 84 323i (S50) 91 318is, 96 318ti (S52), 97 Z3, 02 330i, 03 525iT, 02 R1150 RTP.
Auxiliary Lamp Brackets  Kamei Reproduction Front Air Dam

Bav Auto's and mine are both made of fiberglass but they are very different from th IE unit which is made out of ABS. The Kamei mounts without a bumper, the IE mounts with a bumper. (Some mount the IE without a bumper but I think it looks odd.)

would be cool if you could make yours with some molded brake ducts though :D

my name's Nick

would be cool if you could make yours with some molded brake ducts though :D

Interesting you mention cooling ducts.

On my last upgrade, I had the center opening modified to accept a duct adapter for brake cooling. There are no plans to cut holes in the dam itself to accommodate brake cooling ducts in addition to the center opening. I guess anyone can just do that to an existing air dam if they wish. My next project is to make the actual piece to fit the air dam center opening so that a duct can attach to it.

If there is enough of a demand, I may proceed with it.

Pierre

O==00==O

69 2002 (M20), 74 tii, 76 533i, 79 323i, 80 732i, 84 323i (S50) 91 318is, 96 318ti (S52), 97 Z3, 02 330i, 03 525iT, 02 R1150 RTP.
Auxiliary Lamp Brackets  Kamei Reproduction Front Air Dam