• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

no subject

napabavarian

Damn Les, your personal database never ceases to amaze me!

Hey Skip,

It keeps me out of trouble!

With luck, Yvonne and I plan to join you all in Eureka.

I've lost the plot of this thread now.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

yes, I'll go with that. it's true I did not sell you a whole car and I made that clear. you bought parts and I told you the details of how I came to them. that was nearly a decade ago... I only mentioned the PM as that is what you instructed at the very top of this thread "contact me VIA PM or email."

I had made it clear that the rolling shell was for scrap ONLY. and yes, what you chose to do with it now, is your business "What I do with a parts car is up to me"

and while you are here trying to drag everybody and anything into this, I do own a vintage porsche 911. and I did sell a nice and accurately described tii to jason. and the DMV did make a mistake on the registration (not tile or vin)

I registered several of my cars at one time at the dmv, the lady forgot to clear the field when she moved on to the next stack of paperwork so the 1973 bmw tii was registered as a 1970 porsche 911t (using the bmw 276# vin) that she had just finished for me. that has been remedied but never anything shady going on and it was just the registration.

you angry at the world today? this is decade old stuff here. I have better stuff to do than hang out here trying to clear your memory and defend myself and the DMV too.

just got an email from my attorney:

You may, however, have a genuine claim against him for libel, should your reputation suffers as a result of what he published on the bulletin board – see the highlighted four elements below.

Two torts that involve the communication of false information about a person, a group, or an entity such as a corporation. Libel is any Defamation that can be seen, such as a writing, printing, effigy, movie, or statue. Slander is any defamation that is spoken and heard.

Collectively known as defamation, libel and slander are civil wrongs that harm a reputation; decrease respect, regard, or confidence; or induce disparaging, hostile, or disagreeable opinions or feelings against an individual or entity. The injury to one's good name or reputation is affected through written or spoken words or visual images. The laws governing these torts are identical.

To recover in a libel or slander suit, the plaintiff must show evidence of four elements: that the defendant conveyed a defamatory message; that the material was published, meaning that it was conveyed to someone other than the plaintiff; that the plaintiff could be identified as the person referred to in the defamatory material; and that the plaintiff suffered some injury to his or her reputation as a result of the communication.

To prove that the material was defamatory, the plaintiff must show that at least one other person who saw or heard it understood it as having defamatory meaning. It is necessary to show not that all who heard or read the statement understood it to be defamatory, but only that one person other than the plaintiff did so. Therefore, even if the defendant contends that the communication was a joke, if one person other than the plaintiff took it seriously, the communication is considered defamatory.

Defamatory matter is published when it is communicated to someone other than the plaintiff. This can be done in several different ways. The defendant might loudly accuse the plaintiff of something in a public place where others are present, or make defamatory statements about the plaintiff in a newsletter or an on-line bulletin board. The defamation need not be printed or distributed. However, if the defendant does not intend it to be conveyed to anyone other than the plaintiff, and conveys it in a manner that ordinarily would prevent others from seeing or hearing it, the requirement of publication has not been satisfied even if a third party inadvertently overhears or witnesses the communication.

Liability for republication of a defamatory statement is the same as for original publication, provided that the defendant had knowledge of the contents of the statement. Thus, newspapers, magazines, and broadcasters are liable for republication of libel or slander because they have editorial control over their communications. On the other hand, bookstores, libraries, and other distributors of material are liable for republication only if they know, or had reason to know, that the statement is defamatory. Common carriers such as telephone companies are not liable for defamatory material that they convey, even if they know that it is defamatory, unless they know, or have reason to know, that the sender does not have a privilege to communicate the material. Suppliers of communications equipment are never liable for defamatory material that is transmitted through the equipment they provide.

In general, there are four defenses to libel or slander: truth, consent, accident, and privilege. The fact that the allegedly defamatory communication is essentially true is usually an absolute defense; the defendant need not verify every detail of the communication, as long as its substance can be established. If the plaintiff consented to publication of the defamatory material, recovery is barred.

I got messages on Facebook re. all this crud. WHY? Because a friend of mine has a similar car to one that is part of this molehill. I'm thinking: "Wow, crazy stuff!" I can't decide if it indicates OCD or bipolar disorder. Possibly both?

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz