• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold at Barrett Jacskon today - keep for your records!

DonP

Absence of rear emblems = quickie respray?

Front nose looks as if it was in an accident. Grill fitment is bad.

RS Antenna but no radio??

Rust inside cowl near windshield wiper motor/heater box?

I would have at least painted the radiator.

Maybe the whitewall tires caught someone's eye at the auction.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Hey Woody, my 1600 is Nevada

Ben's car is even better in person and has lots of neat details like the old service station stickers in the door jamb.

Ben - are you coming to The Vintage in NC this year?

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Hey Woody, my 1600 is Nevada

Ben's car is even better in person and has lots of neat details like the old service station stickers in the door jamb.

Ben - are you coming to The Vintage in NC this year?

Thanks jgerock! Yes, I have a room booked for Vintage - This will be my 3rd time to bring the 1600, will be running narrow steelies and dog dish caps this year...my goal is to come each year with new shoes. I have something lined up for 2012 in progress, looking for a special wheel project for 2013!

Back to the BJ Car--OK, the pictures from above must be the catalog shots that would have deadlined some time ago, this looks to be the way it looked as it rolled across the block today (snagged shot from the FAQ FS forum)....I'm assuming they fixed the nose and added emblems, ditched the whitewalls, etc. No diss on the seller, I applaud him for his sale, just not sure we are looking at a 17K car....ahh the magic of BJ! I suspect we will see this one again, at a dealer, for about $23.5K

166140_1672751891306_1012677219_31775336_3822797_n.jpg

--> 1968 2002 <--

Ben if you took the spacers out...I don't know how to tell you this, but that basically knocks down your car's value to like $1750. I'd give you a little more for it than that, if you're interested.

Just kidding - love your car. The mudflaps are killer. I like the steelies idea.

Scott

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI

We look forward to seeing you at the Vintage in May and would appreciate it if you will not park next to me...:) Actually it was fun year before last sending folks down a few cars to yours to show them what REAL Nevada looks like. My clearcoat does some strange color things in different light on ol' 76. I do love her so, tho.. I haven't seen that shot/angle of your 1600; really outstanding. Hope you are all well, Dave V. in NC

Ben's 1600 is a beauty!

Just saw the '61 Chevy Impala Custom with the BMW 750i 12-cyl drivetrain conversion by a guy in Sweden - engine & wiring, auto tranny, front clip, reworked frame with BMW suspension front & rear, interior cut down & modified to fit the Chevy - quite an engineering feat. Lot # 12580, sold for $100K.

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

Not sure if this was stated already but this IS NOT AN ORIGINAL OR SURVIVOR CAR. I was at BJ and saw the car cross the block and then inspected it closely afterwords.

The car clearly had a respray in white and the under side has been sprayed black if not undercoated.

Yes, the car looked really nice but was not an unrestored original car.

The term "original" gets tossed around a lot and misused at BJ.