• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

23k documented miles in PA

xxx

Who knows about mileage on old cars; but it sure looks very very nice.

If I was up that way, and in the market, I'd be on it. Pictures show leaves on the trees and dry pavement...I hope it's inside somewhere dry now.

Dave V. in soon to be snowy again western NC (I sneaked out for a 15 mile spin down the middle of the road this afternoon...)

Sounds good, but with so few miles, why are the front reflectors missing? Since the front fenders on a rust-belt car tend to show rust first, is this a

rusty car whose fenders were replaced during the respray? If so, there could be more rust "in the usual places."

Why, with so few miles, has the rear license plate been converted to the USA-spec square-tail version?

Why does it appear that the left rear vertical bar (aka "over rider") is so ill-fitted? Is it bent, or actually a right-side vertical bar?

Questions, questions, questions.

('Cuz I been there, done that on a low-mileage, Michigan car)

Get Mike Self up there from Ohio and have him check it out.

D

post-169-1366763681643_thumb.jpg

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

I'm betting the seller is Ed Ullom. Has been a BMW dealer for a long time in the Harrisburg, PA area. Have talked with him many times at the Hershey and Carlisle swap meets, where he used to bring some great, low mileage 1600s and 2002s. He has a 2002 Turbo and other nice cars that he has hung on to over the years. I believe he gets these as trade-ins and sells the ones he doesn't add to his collection.

'73 Tii - Malaga 2763751

'72 Tii - Turkis 2762380 - sold

'74 Turbo - silver 4290633 - sold

'76 Jade Green - sold

'74 Tii - Siennabraun 2781572 - sold

'76 Verona - bought new - sold