• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2002ti details

bukaki_bob

alright guys, well i've been thinking of doing this for a while and i just bought a great canidate, and have a 'lil spendin cash. i was thinking of doing a sleeper "ti" clone without the badging. besides the tii suspension and the double solex carbs, what other minute details are usually entailed with this sort of project.

b-ster!

Nothing wrong with making a Ti cone...but sleeper? It was rated 120hp....A beefed up standard can pull 140-150....hope you dont make it an exact clone or you'll have a rude awakening...lol...just joking good luck...I am a but confused though...did you mean a Turbo clone as the body of a Ti was basically the same...the suspension and brakes were Tii bits and it had dual Solex carbs and Tii dizzy. Am I missing something? It seems that you can probably improve on just about everything from a performance standpoint. Better brakes, sways, engine, weight, etc...

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com

dash clock.

You beat me to it..

not just any 'ol tii clock, but a ti-specific clock, much like the early tii clock with chrome trim and Kienzle in script letters.

okay, i'll play along...

early dash with chrome trim and integral ashtray

specific steering wheel (i've heard it referred to as turbo-vane wheel)

no brake warning lights or wires atop of brake fluid reservoir.

no snorkel

6-fuse body, never a 12-fuse car.

bathtub pistons and 121 head

the tii brakes and suspension goodies you mentioned.

almost forgot, a ti-specific bosch mechanical advance distributor

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Behold the Ti Cooking Recipe:

-Tii Suspension & Brakes.

-Tii Brake Booster.

-Boxed Rear Trailing Arms.

-Kienzle Dash Clock with Silver Bezel Ring (early see attached picture).

-Silver Dollar Dash with the 220 Km/h.

-Early 3 Piece Dash with chrome molding.

-Short Console

-Euro Bumpers with euro licence plate lights.

-Front Euro bucket lights, Hella or Bosch.

-Flat Euro Turn Signals.

-Early Side Mirrors Trapez or the even earlier one.

-Set of dual Solex PHH 40-40/ Ti Airbox.

-Front and Rear 2002ti Badges.

-Sport "Bus" Steering Wheel, the one with the horn button in the middle and the metallic 3 spoke wheel with the open slats (picture attached)

Might have forgotten something...

Anyway, hope it helps...

Cheers,

Bruce

post-17219-13667636796554_thumb.jpg

post-17219-13667636797465_thumb.jpg

post-17219-13667636797968_thumb.png

post-17219-13667636802174_thumb.jpg

Ok, Let her rip!

Another minor detail, hood release latch is backwards on the ti. Snorkel free nose is correct. Sounds like everything else has been mentioned. I don't think all ti's had metric gauges, it depends on the market it was sold into. I don't see the point of building a clone without the VIN. There are so many performance upgrades out there to build a fantastic car and many ti specific parts do nothing to improve the performance. JMHO

Best Regards, Z

Professionals are predictable; it's the amateurs you have to watch out for, you never know what they are gonna do!

Murphy was a Grunt