• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

snow blowers

JackF

Time for the annual SB thread. I have had a Ariens 1124 Pro for the last 8 yrs. It is a great machine. Has an elec starter, but 90% of the time starts on the first pull of the cord, so I've only used the elec once in 8 yrs. Todays replacement model for this is about $1800. My driveway drops down from the road so a reliable and capable machine is essential. Never "under- buy" on a snowblower. You can get away with it on light snow but the heavy stuff will break your heartand your back. This is our 3rd significant storm in 10 days and we have another one stacked out west somewhere due in the middle of next week. I'll be working up in VT then and my wife can handle this machine also when I'm gone.

I've just sold my house and the new owner is buying the blower. This is a good last winter to remember before we head west this summer.

I'll give it a couple more hours and this latest storm is a fast mover. Snow is light so should be able to throw projected 8" of snow 50-70 ft. Snow days are good. I'll go pack some of the shop.

Yeah, I have to go out and pick up oranges that blew off my tree with last nights wind. Not the same I guess........

Bill

1973 2002 Chamonix sunroof (soon to be M42 swap)
2015 Ford Explorer-Wife
1999 Jeep Cherokee

1991 318i convertible (donor)

NOT MANY SNOW BLOWERS AROUND HERE BUT BOB HEIDER THE GUY I WORK WITH HAS ONE .

IT IS ALSO AN ARIENS AND HE INHERITED IT FROM HIS FATHER .

HIS DAD BOUGHT IT NEW IN 1960 AND IT DEALT WITH BUFFALO WINTERS FOR 25 YEARS .

THEY HAVE TAKEN GOOD CARE OF IT OVER THE LAST 50 YEARS AND IT STILL RUNS AND BLOWS WITH THE BEST OF THEM .

THE SKIDS ON IT FINALLY WORE OUT DURING THE LAST SNOW THAT WE HAD SO HE CONTACTED ARIENS .

NOT ONLY DO THEY STILL STOCK THE PARTS HE NEEDED , THEY WERE

REASONABLY PRICED AND THEY SHIPPED THEM OUT THE NEXT DAY .

HE ALREADY HAS IT IN SHAPE FOR THE NEXT SNOW .

WHAT A GREAT AMERICAN PRODUCT .

reodor.gif

My wife could never drive this! 20 HP tractor w/ a 42" thrower gets the drive & around the house cleared nicely. Then there's the 8 HP Yard Machine walk behind (electric start but easy pull start) for the front & rear decks & path to the shed out-back. I live on the side of a small mtn off the lake & we get slammed w/ snow & winds.

IMG_8743.jpg

IMG_8746.jpg

1976 2002 Custom Dk Blue w/ Pearl

1975 2002A Sahara (sold Feb 2008)

SiteNamecopy.jpg