• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chumpin at the bit!

Deilke53

Here she is, my spankin new Chump/Lemon racer

1976 Magala #2744644.

chumpext.jpg

chumpint.jpg

chumpeng.jpg

Sweeeeeeet huh?, somebody must have loved her once..adorning her with a re-paint, belt elimination, tint, pinstriping, weber, AND most importantly fat swaybars. Despite the looks of that engine compartment it fires right up and runs great.

I think its actually gonna be fun to nicely race prep this thing while keeping all of its lovely roachyness. That'll include tearing that motor apart for inspection and freshening without cleaning the outside of it.

I had an E28 lined up then set down the crack pipe long enough to realize it would be really dumb not to take advantage of the 2002 spares and experience I've already got.

Michael Deilke

Whidbey Island, Washington

206-714-3379

Have fun. Looks like it'll keep ya outta' the bars for a couple of weeks. :-)

VIN does confirm it's a late ' 76, but wonder why the PO relocated the washer bottle over to the pass. side from it's stock location in front of the wiper motor? Oh well, no biggy.

Bob Napier

but wonder why the PO relocated the washer bottle over to the pass. side from it's stock location in front of the wiper motor? Bob Napier

Maybe the PO wanted to preheat his washer fluid.

That passenger seat looks as if a family of racoons were chewing the seat cushions (maybe change the subject to "Chompin at the bit").

Did someone rub soap on the gauge cluster glasses or is that overspray from the rear housing?

Does the horn work without the buttons on the wheel?

Good luck and we wish you well, we want to wish you well.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Believe it or not that is the stock bottle location..unless the PO went to the trouble of drilling out the spotwelds and moving the bracket?

Anyway the interior is out now, doors gutted, glass removed...it certainly now has that worthless abandoned car look that Chumpcar rules describe as ideal.

The rear seat stuffing was just old clothing tied to the springs and I did find one 1976 quarter:)

Michael Deilke

206-714-3379

For a 76 thats not the stock spot. Stock for older cars though.

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

I believe 75 was the first year they moved the washer bottle above the master cylinder (on a different bracket). The ignition coil was also moved toward the front. Not sure - maybe the reason why they moved the bottle was due to the super hot thermal reactor.

Before then, the bottle was closer to the front nose and the coil was closer to the cowl.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

I believe 75 was the first year they moved the washer bottle above the master cylinder (on a different bracket). The ignition coil was also moved toward the front. Not sure - maybe the reason why they moved the bottle was due to the super hot thermal reactor.

Before then, the bottle was closer to the front nose and the coil was closer to the cowl.

That would be my guess and the problems with the heat cracking the bottle.

-Nathan

Thats a definite mystery then. Maybe a new front clip?

-Nathan

??I dunno, the welds sure look factory. Mysterious.

Wrong spot completely.

Should be over the booster as mentioned above.

When they were on the passenger side, they were up the front not back near the windshield.

Don't know why BMW moved the position anyway.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Wow, gotta say the odd water bottle location was the last detail I thought would spark debate given the overall sub-concourse condition:)

BUT give yourselves a round of applause because upon closer inspection the bracket was indeed re-located. I appologize for any lost sleep.

Wouldn't surprise me if some fancypants luxury cars actually do have a heated washer fluid option.

Michael Deilke

206-714-3379

I had an E28 lined up then set down the crack pipe long enough to realize it would be really dumb not to take advantage of the 2002 spares and experience I've already got.

see, there's a reason I'm not racing an S2000... yet...

Good to see you've branched out, Mike.

heh

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Toby,

I'm quite willing to help you burn through your vast collection of 2002 spares faster if it'll help make your transition to S2000 racing less painfull.

Also if needed: Perhaps a more selfish person wouldn't be able to step aside and let others enjoy the thrills of paying for and preparing a race car?..but as it turns out, driving other peoples' race cars for them doesn't bother me too much.

At your service:)

Michael Deilke

206-714-3379