• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

under hood decal placement

Guest Anonymous

It doesn;t get much better than Bill's FAQ on decal placement:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/content/view/95/32/

Dave in (snowy, salty, and wet) Baltimore

Dave in Baltim02e Maryland USA
1969 2002 Sahara  Manila  :)

1966 WM300 Dodge Power Wagon-Valley Green; 1972 Airstream Overlander; 1997 JDM Honda Prelude; 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 tow vehicle to tow home all the above junk!

It not only apparently depended on the year, but also on the person on the line that was putting them on. There have been pics shown on this board of original stickers on the same year car that are in slightly different locations. This subject is a real pandora's box.

Bob Napier

Yes, a real can of worms this.

The "locale" pic gives the basics (thanks to whoever originally posted this). However, the Capacity-Tire Sticker is normally found above the Emission Sticker (passenger side near the windshield).

The regular Tyre Sticker is found next to the Fuse sticker at the upper LH corner of the hood (like my peeling ones on my Touring).

HTH

post--1-13667637025055_thumb.jpg

post--1-13667637027043_thumb.jpg

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

I know this has been covered before, does anybody have a good picture of decal placement? Thanks

Let us know the year of your '02.

As stated, placement, and text of some stickers (fuses for example) changed now and then.

Les

FAQ Member #17

Is that a difference between US and the Euro cars Les?

The blue car is US and yours is Euro for sure

Bill,

Yes, the Blue car is a US '74-'76, naturally, earlier cars had differences.

My tatty fuse & tyre pressure stickers are in their original place (hanging by a thread), and, although a Euro Touring, I believe the arrangement is the same for most US cars except the real early ones (the fuse sticker for sure).

Les

FAQ Member #17

Sorta' OT, but can anyone post a pic of a '75 or '76 Automatic original fuse sticker. I have the replacement ones from La Jolla Independent, but Carl Nelson says he's not sure they are the same on the automatics.

Thanks,

Bob Napier

According to the Blue parts book, the same fuse sticker was used on US 1602, 2002, 2002A & 2002tii.

part # 51 14 1 816 803 long NLA

Les

FAQ Member #17

Les - That makes one wonder. The 1602s and early 2002s were 6-fuse cars, while the later were 12-fuse. Obviously, the same fuse decal would not suffice for both.

To further muddy the waters, the replacement I have from La Jolla Independent matches what goes off in my car when I pull a fuse, but it is considerably different from my Owner's Manual and the US Supplement Manual. The manual charts are different from my car. I wonder why that is. And, no, neither the fuse box in my '75 or my wife's '76 have been replaced.

Bob Napier

Bob,

Oops. I gave the part # for the early fuse sticker.

Part # 51 14 1 831 599 is noted for all cars (Euro & US) from late '73, including the Auto. Also NLA

The pic shows the sticker that is the same as the one on my '76 Siena, which I believe is the original sticker.

post-144-13667637070277_thumb.jpg

post-144-13667637071657_thumb.jpg

Les

FAQ Member #17

Les - Your 2nd picture is what my car does; i.e., fuse #6 controls (among other things) the back-up lights, but my Owner's Manual and the US Supplement both say the back-up lights are on fuse #1. There are several other descrepancies from the manual to the sticker you picture, (which is how my car is wired). Wierd. One would be inclined to think the Manual would be correct.

The big blue Repair Manual shows the back-up lights on fuse #12. Oh, well.

Bob Napier