• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1975 BMW 2002 - (Inka?) Orange - North Carolina

OrlandoJoe

I am watching a 1975 BMW 2002 for sale on eBay that looks like it's a shade of orange similar to Inka. Is it just me or does the orange look different than a true Inka?

I am looking for an 02 with A/C, so I am concerned with the auction's statement that "[t]his car is equipped with the Behr underdash A/C system, but the compressor and related underhood parts are in a box that is included with the car." Assuming all of the parts that are needed for the A/C are included with the car, how much do you guys think it would cost to have someone get the A/C running?

Anyway, here is the auction. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-2002-Nice-Southern-BMW-2002-/280619365300?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item415637b3b4

I would like to hear what you guys think. Thanks!

Just a couple of points..

When "all of the air con parts are there, just in a box"...it usually means it died and was removed. Always my assumption, anyway.

Also, I looked at this auction with some interest as well, until I saw lots of extra paint/overspray/not properly masked areas in the engine bay on the release mechanism and windshield washer nozzles...and rattle-can black in the engine bay (note radiator top and fins)...and decided to pass. Not to mention the trunk color. "Collectors" ought not to rattle-can and usually don't, at least on top of good paint/metal... Put all of that together with a reserve not met, already at $5100, and I wanted to buy a tooth brush, as the joke says. Good luck. Dave V. in western NC, but not that far west.

The car could be the color "Colorado". It's more of a pastel orange than the true orange of Inka.

Colorado orange was discontinued before the square tail cars began USA-spec production.

It's Inka.

Inka can look lighter at midday and darker at dusk. It reflects light differently in the sun or shade.

D

post-169-13667637016905_thumb.jpg

post-169-13667637019265_thumb.jpg

post-169-13667637021336_thumb.jpg

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

I agree with the others on the quick & dirty paint job. Someone made a very poor attempt to paint over crap. Why would anyone spray paint the top 1/2 of the radiator? Looks like they held a rattle can & got what they could. And the undercarriage, same deal. Driveshaft is partially painted. Most likely the black paint will fall off within a year.

Could be a perfectly fine car, but it already seems over-priced @ $5,100 and reserve not met yet.

And sayig it was owned by a car collector sounds like jibber jabber.

1976 2002 Custom Dk Blue w/ Pearl

1975 2002A Sahara (sold Feb 2008)

SiteNamecopy.jpg

Judging from the engine bay, the car was formerly Verona Red. They may have used the correct Inka to redo the car, but they also may have gotten something "close."

'73 Tii - Malaga 2763751

'72 Tii - Turkis 2762380 - sold

'74 Turbo - silver 4290633 - sold

'76 Jade Green - sold

'74 Tii - Siennabraun 2781572 - sold

'76 Verona - bought new - sold

Judging from the engine bay, the car was formerly Verona Red. They may have used the correct Inka to redo the car, but they also may have gotten something "close."

This is the original paint of the engine bay of a '72 roundie.

It's Inka.

post-169-13667637035039_thumb.jpg

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

The car wa s on Ebay on/off from Feb to Sep last year, when it finally sold for $2300 (acc to Ebay). It was an unfinished project in GA.

It was listed as Verona, but most of the pics looked like Orange (Inka).

The pics are from last year's auction.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17