• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

vinyl sunroof, have not seen this before?

bongo007

very original and unmolested

Webasto (& similar) roofs were not factory fitted that I know of, maybe dealer fitted. They were not two-tone either out of the factory.

Car looks like it belongs to one of Esty's long lost relatives. hehe.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Looks like you have the same cocked driver headlight that I have, Esty.

Had to buy after the "hit & run", and I've fiddled and farted with the damn thing and just cannot get it to sit level.

I rarely drive at night, so no big thing, and inspection (Texas) doesn't care where it's pointed as long as it lights up!

post-164-13667637097916_thumb.jpg

Les

FAQ Member #17

It's just possible that you have two rights or two left headlight buckets. There are lefts and rights, and are extremely difficult to distinguish one from the other--I found this out the hard way!

If you drop me an e-mail, I will send you a column I did that describes how to tell one from the other. If you install a left bucket on the right side or vice-versa, the headlight will point all catty-wampus regardless of how you adjust it.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

It's just possible that you have two rights or two left headlight buckets. There are lefts and rights, and are extremely difficult to distinguish one from the other--I found this out the hard way!

If you drop me an e-mail, I will send you a column I did that describes how to tell one from the other. If you install a left bucket on the right side or vice-versa, the headlight will point all catty-wampus regardless of how you adjust it.

cheers

mike

Mike,

That's more than likely. I tried to find a matching headlight to fit to my orig Euro unscathed bucket, only then did I learn that there are several varieties (bucket & reflector).

So I quickly put in some US buckets with Ebay lights. Actually the left (pass side) one is also cocked, so, grace goes with symmetry!

Les

FAQ Member #17

google or search the forum for webasto sunroof

I have seen webasto sunroofs before, what I havent seen is the entire roof, A pilar and C pilar covered in vinyl also.

bmw2002roof.JPG

sorry, my bad...i misunderstood...you can take your o2 to most good upholstery shops and tey'll put a vinyl roof on it for you...no o2's left the factory with a vinyl roof